C library interface to kermit??? - Protocols

This is a discussion on C library interface to kermit??? - Protocols ; Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is a C programming library / interface to Kermit. I wanted to connect to a BBS system to upload and download files. Does such a thing exist? If so, are there any sample ...

  1. C library interface to kermit???

    Hello everyone,

    I was wondering if there is a C programming library / interface to
    Kermit. I wanted to connect to a BBS system to upload and download
    files.

    Does such a thing exist? If so, are there any sample programs out there
    to do what I need to do?

    Any help, hints or advice on the matter would be most graciously
    appreciated :-)

    Kindest Regards.

  2. Re: C library interface to kermit???

    Hi, for an MS-DOS bbs system, MS-Kermit can be defined as an external
    protocol. For *nix, C-Kermit can be called with various options
    including passing open file descriptors or specifying an upload
    directory. http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ and follow the links
    including samples.

    Arthur.

    milkyway wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I was wondering if there is a C programming library / interface to
    > Kermit. I wanted to connect to a BBS system to upload and download
    > files.
    >
    > Does such a thing exist? If so, are there any sample programs out there
    > to do what I need to do?
    >
    > Any help, hints or advice on the matter would be most graciously
    > appreciated :-)
    >
    > Kindest Regards.

  3. Re: C library interface to kermit???

    Hi Arthur,

    Thank you for the reply but I was wondering if Kermint had a C library
    (something that I could use with the C programming language).

    Does such an animal exist?

    Kindest Regards,
    Casey

    Arthur Marsh wrote:
    > Hi, for an MS-DOS bbs system, MS-Kermit can be defined as an external

    > protocol. For *nix, C-Kermit can be called with various options
    > including passing open file descriptors or specifying an upload
    > directory. http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ and follow the links
    > including samples.
    >
    > Arthur.
    >
    > milkyway wrote:
    > > Hello everyone,
    > >
    > > I was wondering if there is a C programming library / interface to
    > > Kermit. I wanted to connect to a BBS system to upload and download
    > > files.
    > >
    > > Does such a thing exist? If so, are there any sample programs out

    there
    > > to do what I need to do?
    > >
    > > Any help, hints or advice on the matter would be most graciously
    > > appreciated :-)
    > >
    > > Kindest Regards.

  4. Re: C library interface to kermit???

    milkyway wrote:

    > Hi Arthur,
    >
    > Thank you for the reply but I was wondering if Kermint had a C library
    > (something that I could use with the C programming language).
    >
    > Does such an animal exist?
    >
    > Kindest Regards,
    > Casey

    Yes, but it is not free. Columbia University licenses the Embedded
    Kermit source code for use in third party applications. For details
    see:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ek.html

    Jeffrey Altman

+ Reply to Thread