using mouse with FreeBSD and mskermit console - Protocols

This is a discussion on using mouse with FreeBSD and mskermit console - Protocols ; I have a FreeBSD 4.10 server with no keyboard and monitor that is connected to an old pc serving as a console (using MSKERMIT). I would like to had mouse support to my server but the console PC has only ...

  1. using mouse with FreeBSD and mskermit console

    I have a FreeBSD 4.10 server with no keyboard and monitor that is
    connected to an old pc serving as a console (using MSKERMIT). I would
    like to had mouse support to my server but the console PC has only one
    COM port and it's already used by MSKERMIT (I don't even know if
    MSKERMIT can support a mouse, does it?). I was wondering, if I plug the
    mouse on COM2 on the server, will it move the mouse on the console? or
    only on it's own TTYs (logically it should only work on it's own TTYs)
    If it doesn't can I change my configuration to make it work on the
    MSKERMIT console? any advises will be more than welcome.
    Thanks in advance
    Please do not reply by email.

  2. Re: using mouse with FreeBSD and mskermit console

    Sorry but MSKermit does not support mice.

    --
    -----------------

  3. Re: using mouse with FreeBSD and mskermit console

    On 2004-12-29, someone92@hotmail.com wrote:
    : I have a FreeBSD 4.10 server with no keyboard and monitor that is
    : connected to an old pc serving as a console (using MSKERMIT). I would
    : like to had mouse support to my server but the console PC has only one
    : COM port and it's already used by MSKERMIT (I don't even know if
    : MSKERMIT can support a mouse, does it?). I was wondering, if I plug the
    : mouse on COM2 on the server, will it move the mouse on the console?
    :
    No.

    : or only on it's own TTYs (logically it should only work on it's own TTYs) If
    : it doesn't can I change my configuration to make it work on the MSKERMIT
    : console? any advises will be more than welcome.
    :
    MS-DOS Kermit emulates certain terminals, such as VT100. Those terminals
    do not have a mouse, nor do they provide any mechanism to communicate mouse
    movements to the host.

    The only exception is Tektronix 4010/4014, which allows the mouse to control
    the crosshairs cursor.

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread