Kermit for OS X? - Protocols

This is a discussion on Kermit for OS X? - Protocols ; I'm looking for an installation package (binaries) of Kermit for OS X? Does such a beast exist and, if so, where? -- http://www.ProvN.com for the *best* OpenVMS system security solutions that others only claim to be. -- Cyber-Terrorism (si'-ber tayr'-or-iz-em) ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Kermit for OS X?

  1. Kermit for OS X?

    I'm looking for an installation package (binaries) of Kermit for OS X?
    Does such a beast exist and, if so, where?
    --
    http://www.ProvN.com for the *best* OpenVMS system security
    solutions that others only claim to be.
    --
    Cyber-Terrorism (si'-ber tayr'-or-iz-em) n.:
    The release of, the sale of, or the use of any Micro$oft software product!
    --
    VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

  2. Re: Kermit for OS X?

    VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote in message news:<00A3B030.840B4D30@SendSpamHere.ORG>...
    > I'm looking for an installation package (binaries) of Kermit for OS X?
    > Does such a beast exist and, if so, where?
    > --


    There is a binary at the Kermit site binaries page.
    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ck80binaries.html

    Or you can build it from source.

    Dave.

  3. Re: Kermit for OS X?

    In article , dbsneddon@bigpond.com (David B Sneddon) writes:
    >VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote in message news:<00A3B030.840B4D30@SendSpamHere.ORG>...
    >> I'm looking for an installation package (binaries) of Kermit for OS X?
    >> Does such a beast exist and, if so, where?
    >> --

    >
    >There is a binary at the Kermit site binaries page.
    >http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ck80binaries.html


    The cku211.macosx103-10.3 link? I tried that but OS X doesn't
    know what to do with it.

    --
    http://www.ProvN.com for the *best* OpenVMS system security
    solutions that others only claim to be.
    --
    Cyber-Terrorism (si'-ber tayr'-or-iz-em) n.:
    The release of, the sale of, or the use of any Micro$oft software product!
    --
    VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

  4. Re: Kermit for OS X?


    VAXman-@SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    >
    > The cku211.macosx103-10.3 link? I tried that but OS X doesn't
    > know what to do with it.


    It is an executable binary.

    >From the Unix point of view, you would download it, change its name to

    kermit, put it in a directory in your path and use chmod to make it
    executable. I don't know what if anything more you would need to do to
    make the OS X GUI recognize it.

    --
    Mark Sapiro msapiro at value net The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B.
    Dylan


  5. Re: Kermit for OS X?

    Mark Sapiro wrote:
    > VAXman-@SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    >
    >>The cku211.macosx103-10.3 link? I tried that but OS X doesn't
    >>know what to do with it.

    >
    >
    > It is an executable binary.
    >
    >>From the Unix point of view, you would download it, change its name to

    > kermit, put it in a directory in your path and use chmod to make it
    > executable. I don't know what if anything more you would need to do to
    > make the OS X GUI recognize it.


    If you have link from it to somewhere the GUI can see it it can be
    clicked on and will run through the Launcher.

    But I'd like to see a native Aqua-Kermit, like in the olden days :-)-O

    el

  6. Re: Kermit for OS X?

    On 2004-12-10, Dr Eberhard W Lisse wrote:
    : Mark Sapiro wrote:
    :> VAXman-@SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    :>
    :>>The cku211.macosx103-10.3 link? I tried that but OS X doesn't
    :>>know what to do with it.
    :>
    :> It is an executable binary.
    :>
    :> From the Unix point of view, you would download it, change its name to
    :> kermit, put it in a directory in your path and use chmod to make it
    :> executable. I don't know what if anything more you would need to do to
    :> make the OS X GUI recognize it.
    :
    : If you have link from it to somewhere the GUI can see it it can be
    : clicked on and will run through the Launcher.
    :
    : But I'd like to see a native Aqua-Kermit, like in the olden days :-)-O
    :
    In the olden days, lots of people used to contribute Kermit programs from
    all over the world :-) That hasn't happened yet in this Millenium. For a
    trip down memory lane, look at the Kermit version list:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/aavsys.txt

    - Frank

  7. Re: Kermit for OS X?

    Frank da Cruz wrote:

    > http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/aavsys.txt


    Ach, memory lane,

    I went through the list an come up with 50 computer types I have actually
    run kermit on over the 20 years I have been playing with it.

    Let me know if you want the list :-)-O

    el
    --
    For email replace nospam by the initials of my first and last name

  8. Re: Kermit for OS X?

    Frank da Cruz wrote:


    > : But I'd like to see a native Aqua-Kermit, like in the olden days :-)-O
    > :
    > In the olden days, lots of people used to contribute Kermit programs from
    > all over the world :-) That hasn't happened yet in this Millenium. For a
    > trip down memory lane, look at the Kermit version list:
    >
    > http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/aavsys.txt


    Oh, yes, I remember fondly the version for the LCIII I was given 10 years
    ago as a gift.

    But, the C version works on t the xterm :-)-O

    greetings, el

    --
    For email replace nospam by the initials of my first and last name

+ Reply to Thread