C-Kermit 8.0.211, Linux, and PTY's - Protocols

This is a discussion on C-Kermit 8.0.211, Linux, and PTY's - Protocols ; I've compiled C-Kermit 8.0.211 on Gentoo Linux 2004.2. Everything on it works well except for PTY support. I am unable to connect to anything with the SSH, PTY, or SET HOST /PTY commands through SSH or an external telnet client. ...

  1. C-Kermit 8.0.211, Linux, and PTY's

    I've compiled C-Kermit 8.0.211 on Gentoo Linux 2004.2. Everything on it
    works well except for PTY support. I am unable to connect to anything with
    the SSH, PTY, or SET HOST /PTY commands through SSH or an external telnet
    client. The commands simply return with no error.

    I had this same problem after compiling C-Kermit 8.0.(209 or 211) on SuSE
    9.1. I snooped around and fixed it.

    I cannot for the life of me remember what I did. Is any of this ringing a
    bell for anyone?

    Thanks,

    Tim

  2. Re: C-Kermit 8.0.211, Linux, and PTY's

    To quote Emily Litella, "Nevermind."

    I dug around in the C-Kermit makefile a bit and found the -DHAVE_PTMX flag.
    It was set on the default linux target but not on the variant (Kerberos +
    PAM + Shadow + ZLIB + OpenSSL) that I was using. Tweaked that, and
    everything worked ok.

    Tim

+ Reply to Thread