How to use shell variable in a kermit shell script - Protocols

This is a discussion on How to use shell variable in a kermit shell script - Protocols ; Hi, In a kermit shell script doing FTP transfert, between 1 master server to many slave, I need to use values stored in shell environment variable. How can I do this? Best regards, frederic,...

  1. How to use shell variable in a kermit shell script

    Hi,

    In a kermit shell script doing FTP transfert, between 1 master server to
    many slave, I need to use values stored in shell environment variable. How
    can I do this?
    Best regards,

    frederic,

  2. Re: How to use shell variable in a kermit shell script

    Frederic,

    You can simply echo the var to a file, then read the contents of the file,
    parsing if necessary
    depending on the o/s. From WinXP:

    [C:\] K-95> run set temp > file
    [C:\] K-95> type file
    TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\xxx\LOCALS~1\Temp

    There are probably more elegant ways as well, that I'll learn when Frank
    pops his
    infinite wisdom out here

    "Frederic" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > In a kermit shell script doing FTP transfert, between 1 master server to
    > many slave, I need to use values stored in shell environment variable. How
    > can I do this?
    > Best regards,
    >

    > frederic,

  3. Re: How to use shell variable in a kermit shell script

    Frederic wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > In a kermit shell script doing FTP transfert, between 1 master server

    > many slave, I need to use values stored in shell environment

    variable. How
    > can I do this?
    > Best regards,

    Do you mean a Kermit script? If so, in MS-Kermit, C-Kermit and
    Kermit-95, the environment is accessible via \$(environment_variable).

    For example:

    [C:\Program Files\Kermit 95 2.1\] K-95> echo \$(temp)
    C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp
    [C:\Program Files\Kermit 95 2.1\] K-95> echo \$(path)
    C:\Tcl\bin;F:\CVS\ssh\ssh;c:\program files\kermit 95
    2.1;c:\gnuwin32\bin;f:\bin;f:\m51;f:\m51\bin;f:\c5 1;f:\c51\bin;f:AST_C\progra~1\basic;C:\WINDOWS\sys tem32;C:\WINDOWS;c:\gs\gs8.14\bin;c:\gs\gs8.14\lib ;C:\Program
    Files\Python;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program files\PC-Doctor for
    Windows XP\WINDSAPI
    [C:\Program Files\Kermit 95 2.1\] K-95>

    --
    Mark Sapiro msapiro at value net The highway is for gamblers,