Kermit ftp syntax - Protocols

This is a discussion on Kermit ftp syntax - Protocols ; Hi All, I am doing a ftp of files and for this first I am doing a cd to the target directory. The directory name is 'HD Test Folder' and the only way to change to this directory is using ...

  1. Kermit ftp syntax

    Hi All,
    I am doing a ftp of files and for this first I am doing a cd to the
    target directory. The directory name is 'HD Test Folder' and the only
    way to change to this directory is using the following command:

    cd HD Test Folder

    When a try to use: cd "HD Test Folder" or cd {HD Test Folder} then I
    get and error saying is an invalid directory.

    What is the correct way to enclose the path having blank spaces.

    Regards
    Harvey

  2. Re: Kermit ftp syntax

    On 2004-10-25, Harvey wrote:
    : Hi All,
    : I am doing a ftp of files and for this first I am doing a cd to the
    : target directory. The directory name is 'HD Test Folder' and the only
    : way to change to this directory is using the following command:
    :
    : cd HD Test Folder
    :
    : When a try to use: cd "HD Test Folder" or cd {HD Test Folder} then I
    : get and error saying is an invalid directory.
    :
    : What is the correct way to enclose the path having blank spaces.
    :
    Kermit sends what you type. For example, if you type:

    cd HD Test Folder

    it sends the FTP protocol command:

    CWD HD Test Folder

    If you enclose the directory name in doublequotes, they are stripped:

    cd "HD Test Folder"
    CWD HD Test Folder

    To force Kermit to send the doublequotes, use:

    cd ""HD Test Folder""
    CWD "HD Test Folder"

    If this doesn't work, then maybe there is some other syntax the server will
    accept but I can only guess what it might be. For example:

    cd HD_Test_Folder
    cd HD%20Test%20Folder
    cd HD%%20Test%%20Folder

    etc. Also, if you can find out the "Windows short name" of the folder you
    use do that instead of the long name.

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread