Changing text in Kermit 95 login/password dialogs - Protocols

This is a discussion on Changing text in Kermit 95 login/password dialogs - Protocols ; Hi: The default Kermit 95 Login/Password Dialogs for an SSH terminal emulation connection are as follows: The login dialog box says: User name required for SSH: ______________ The password dialog box says: SSH Input User Authentication For "": ______________ I'd ...

  1. Changing text in Kermit 95 login/password dialogs

    Hi:

    The default Kermit 95 Login/Password Dialogs for an SSH terminal
    emulation connection are as follows:

    The login dialog box says:
    User name required for SSH: ______________

    The password dialog box says:
    SSH Input User Authentication For "": ______________

    I'd like to modify the text of these dialog boxes to be more user
    friendly for my users. In other words, I'd like them to appear
    something like...

    The login dialog box says:
    Please enter your XYZ system login: ______________

    The password dialog box says:
    Please enter your XYZ system password: ______________

    I haven't been able to locate any command or configuration file to
    alter the default dialog text. Any ideas? Thanks!

    David Murray

  2. Re: Changing text in Kermit 95 login/password dialogs

    The text strings used in SSH dialogs are hardcoded UNLESS they
    are supplied by the SSH daemon to which the user is logging in.

    Please contact me at jaltman *AT* secure-endpoints.com if you
    would like to contract for this customization to be added to
    Kermit 95.

    Jeffrey Altman
    Kermit 95 Author
    Secure Endpoints Inc.