Problem with C-Kermit ftp mput, intermittent errors - Protocols

This is a discussion on Problem with C-Kermit ftp mput, intermittent errors - Protocols ; I'm using C-Kermit 8.0.211 and its wonderful ftp-client to send text files from a AIX 5.2 server to a Windows NT server. I use a ftp open .... and ftp mput /move-to:./bu *.txt. Normally there is 5-10 files to transfer, ...

  1. Problem with C-Kermit ftp mput, intermittent errors

    I'm using C-Kermit 8.0.211 and its wonderful ftp-client to send text
    files from a AIX 5.2 server to a Windows NT server.

    I use a ftp open .... and ftp mput /move-to:./bu *.txt. Normally
    there is 5-10 files to transfer, and most time 2-3 files are not
    transferd, but gets an error:
    failed: 426 Connection closed; transfer aborted.
    If I repeat the ftp mput ... command a couple of times normally all
    files will be transferd. But some times there is one file that won't get
    over.

    At the moment I'm using a C-Kermit that is compiled for AIX 4.3 because
    I don't av a compiler on the servers with AIX 5.2. Could this be the
    cause of my problem?

    Anyone that have had the same problem and know what to do?

    /Sven

  2. Re: Problem with C-Kermit ftp mput, intermittent errors

    :
    : I use a ?ftp open ....? and ?ftp mput /move-to:./bu *.txt?. Normally
    : there is 5-10 files to transfer, and most time 2-3 files are not
    : transferd, but gets an error:
    : failed: 426 Connection closed; transfer aborted.
    :
    That's a message from the server. The server is closing the connection.

    : If I repeat the ?ftp mput ...? command a couple of times normally all
    : files will be transferd. But some times there is one file that won't get
    : over.
    :
    : At the moment I'm using a C-Kermit that is compiled for AIX 4.3 because
    : I don't av a compiler on the servers with AIX 5.2. Could this be the
    : cause of my problem?
    :
    The compiler used to build the client shouldn't affect the behavior of the
    server. We have a C-Kermit 8.0.209 binary built under AIX 5.1, but the
    latest C-Kermit release, 8.0.211, has been built only on AIX 4.3.3.

    If somebody can build it on later AIX versions, or give me access to AIX
    machines that have compilers and later OS releases, I could add the missing
    binaries to the archive. (Which is why I'm copying this to comp.unix.aix.)

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread