I am trying to do an ftp/auth sll connection to a novell server. I can
get PC based clients to work but am having issues using kermit on
HPUX. The logs of the session follows:

220 Service Ready for new User
---> AUTH SSL
234 Enabling SSL
SSL accepted as authentication type
SSL DEBUG ACTIVE
=>START SSL/TLS connect on COMMAND
SSL_handshake:UNKWN before/connect initialization
SSL_connect:UNKWN before/connect initialization
SSL_connect:3WCH_A SSLv3 write client hello A
SSL_connect:3RSH_A SSLv3 read server hello A
ssl:client_verify_callback:depth=1 ok=0 err=19-self signed certificate
in certificate chain
[1] Certificate Subject:
OU=Organizational CA
O=ODHSTREE
[1] Certificate Issuer:
OU=Organizational CA
O=ODHSTREE
Warning: self signed certificate in certificate chain
Certificate Issuer=
OU=Organizational CA
O=ODHSTREE
Continue (Y/N)
ssl:client_verify_callback => ok: 1
ssl:client_verify_callback:depth=1 ok=1 err=19-self signed certificate
in certificate chain
ssl:client_verify_callback => ok: 1
ssl:client_verify_callback:depth=0 ok=1 err=19-self signed certificate
in certificate chain
[0] Certificate Subject:
CN=NW-SVC-I01.ODJFS.STATE.OH.US
O=ODHSTREE
[0] Certificate Issuer:
OU=Organizational CA
O=ODHSTREE
ssl:client_verify_callback => ok: 1
SSL_connect:3RSC_A SSLv3 read server certificate A
SSL_connect:3RSD_A SSLv3 read server done A
SSL_connect:3WCKEA SSLv3 write client key exchange A
SSL_connect:3WCCSA SSLv3 write change cipher spec A
SSL_connect:3WFINA SSLv3 write finished A
SSL_connect:3FLUSH SSLv3 flush data
SSL_connect:3RFINA SSLv3 read finished A
SSL_handshake:SSLOK SSL negotiation finished successfully
[TLS - DES-CBC3-SHA SSLv3 Kx=RSA Au=RSA Enc=3DES(168)
Mac=SHA1
Compression: None
=>DONE SSL/TLS connect on COMMAND
FTP Command channel is Private (encrypted)
---> PBSZ 0
221 Closing Session
---> PROT P
SSL_read_alert
SSL_write_alert
421 Service not available, connection closed by server
?Unable to enable encryption on data channel