input command - Protocols

This is a discussion on input command - Protocols ; Is there a way to to get the input/minput command to find an exact match? I want it to find only the string: login: That's a single space followed by login: and no trailing spaces. Using the UNIX grep command ...

  1. input command

    Is there a way to to get the input/minput command to find an exact match?

    I want it to find only the string:

    login:

    That's a single space followed by login: and no trailing spaces. Using
    the UNIX grep command I would find it using:

    grep '^ login:$' file_name

    Instead, input/minput is catching any line with login: within it, such
    as:

    Last login: Tue Aug 17 16:03:20 from 10.195.10.8

    Thanks
    --
    +-----------------+----------------------------------+------------------------+
    | . . |Kenny Broezell |phone 847) 342-5633|

  2. Re: input command

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Ken V. Broezell {QMCS11} wrote:

    > Is there a way to to get the input/minput command to find an exact match?
    >
    > I want it to find only the string:
    >
    > login:
    >
    > That's a single space followed by login: and no trailing spaces. Using
    > the UNIX grep command I would find it using:
    >
    > grep '^ login:$' file_name

    And with Kermit-95/C-Kermit you use

    input n \fpattern(^ login:$)

    etc. See
    help function pattern
    and
    help pattern

    --
    Mark Sapiro msapiro at value net The highway is for gamblers,