Kermit as default SSH client via web browser ... - Protocols

This is a discussion on Kermit as default SSH client via web browser ... - Protocols ; Hi , was looking for a possibility to use something like ssh://192.168.1.1 5001 in IE. I notice that Kermit (2.1.3) will already do this but the problem is that it will only use the standard socket port (22) . I ...

  1. Kermit as default SSH client via web browser ...

    Hi ,

    was looking for a possibility to use something like ssh://192.168.1.1 5001
    in IE. I notice that Kermit (2.1.3) will already do this but the problem is
    that it will only use the standard socket port (22) . I do need to set it
    for example to 5001 . Any idea on how I can tell Kermit to read ip address
    and socket port ?

    Thanks,
    Thomas

  2. Re: Kermit as default SSH client via web browser ...

    ssh://192.168.1.1:5001

    --
    -----------------

  3. Re: Kermit as default SSH client via web browser ...

    I tried this before but it is not working. It looks like that Kermit will
    only parse the ip address. Any other combination will cause connection
    problems.

    "Jeffrey Altman" wrote in message
    > ssh://192.168.1.1:5001
    >

    > Thomas Froehlich wrote:
    >
    > > Hi ,
    > >
    > > was looking for a possibility to use something like ssh://192.168.1.1

    5001
    > > in IE. I notice that Kermit (2.1.3) will already do this but the problem

    is
    > > that it will only use the standard socket port (22) . I do need to set

    it
    > > for example to 5001 . Any idea on how I can tell Kermit to read ip

    address
    > > and socket port ?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Thomas
    > >

    > --
    > -----------------
    > This e-mail account is not read on a regular basis.
    > Please send private responses to jaltman at mit dot edu

  4. Re: Kermit as default SSH client via web browser ...

    Thomas Froehlich wrote:
    > I tried this before but it is not working. It looks like that Kermit will
    > only parse the ip address. Any other combination will cause connection
    > problems.

    Apparently this is one of the many bugs which have been fixed since
    the last release from Columbia University. If you are interested
    in obtaining a build which works, please read

    http://www.columbia.edu/~jaltman/

    --