    Thanks,
    John

  2. Re: ckermit and cygwin

    On 2004-06-25, john kelly wrote:
    : I am trying to install Kermit on Cygwin/XP system
    : during the build I get the following error
    :
    : ckucmd.c:7118: error: structure has no member named
    :
    : I tried using the make with linux, there appears to be no other choice for
    : a cycgwin install.
    : can anyone help?
    :
    C-Kermit is not the appropriate Kermit software for Windows; it is not
    intended for use there, or supported there. The Kermit software for Windows
    is Kermit 95:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95.html

    Although it might be possible to build C-Kermit for Cygwin, it would not be
    very useful because it would not have any terminal emulation features. Also
    please remember that revenue from Kermit 95 is the main source of support
    for the nonprofit but completely self-supporting and nonsubsidized Kermit
    Project.

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread