Sorry, write access to UUCP lockfile directory denied. - Protocols

This is a discussion on Sorry, write access to UUCP lockfile directory denied. - Protocols ; Everyone, How can I fix the access to UUCP? Here is error message: (/var/lock/) C-Kermit>set line ttyS0 Sorry, write access to UUCP lockfile directory denied. I used "chmod 777 /dev/ttyS0" and "chmod -R 777 /var/log" but it did not work. ...

  1. Sorry, write access to UUCP lockfile directory denied.

    Everyone,

    How can I fix the access to UUCP?

    Here is error message:
    (/var/lock/) C-Kermit>set line ttyS0
    Sorry, write access to UUCP lockfile directory denied.

    I used "chmod 777 /dev/ttyS0"
    and "chmod -R 777 /var/log" but it did not work.

    Thank you,
    Dennis

  2. Re: Sorry, write access to UUCP lockfile directory denied.

    :
    : Here is error message:
    : (/var/lock/) C-Kermit>set line ttyS0
    : Sorry, write access to UUCP lockfile directory denied.
    :
    : I used "chmod 777 /dev/ttyS0"
    : and "chmod -R 777 /var/log" but it did not work.
    :
    See the C-Kermit for Unix installation instructions:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckuins.html#x10

    (Sections 10 and 11).

    Probably your copy of Kermit does not think /var/log is the UUCP lockfile
    directory. Which version of Kermit is it? Type:

    show version

    to see what version it is, and:

    show comm

    to see what it thinks the lockfile directory is.

    - Frank

  3. Re: Sorry, write access to UUCP lockfile directory denied.

    Hello,

    My mistake!!!
    The command is "set line /dev/ttyS0" not "set line ttyS0"

    Thanks eveyone,

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:12:09 +0000, Frank da Cruz wrote:

    > On 2004-06-23, Dennis wrote:
    > : How can I fix the access to UUCP?
    > :
    > : Here is error message:
    > : (/var/lock/) C-Kermit>set line ttyS0
    > : Sorry, write access to UUCP lockfile directory denied.
    > :
    > : I used "chmod 777 /dev/ttyS0"
    > : and "chmod -R 777 /var/log" but it did not work.
    > :
    > See the C-Kermit for Unix installation instructions:
    >
    > http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckuins.html#x10
    >
    > (Sections 10 and 11).
    >
    > Probably your copy of Kermit does not think /var/log is the UUCP lockfile
    > directory. Which version of Kermit is it? Type:
    >
    > show version
    >
    > to see what version it is, and:
    >
    > show comm
    >
    > to see what it thinks the lockfile directory is.
    >
    > - Frank

+ Reply to Thread