Re: kermit and a Mitel SX2000 switch - Protocols

This is a discussion on Re: kermit and a Mitel SX2000 switch - Protocols ; Reed Loefgren wrote: > To talk to our ancient SX2000 we telnet from a linux box over the > network to another linux box and from there we run a kermit session. > This draws a screen in which we ...

  1. Re: kermit and a Mitel SX2000 switch

    Reed Loefgren wrote:
    > To talk to our ancient SX2000 we telnet from a linux box over the
    > network to another linux box and from there we run a kermit session.
    > This draws a screen in which we admin the switch.

    > I have a test FreeBSD box here that gets to the linux box OK but when
    > I run the script to start the kermit session the maintainance screen
    > is drawn incorrectly, and the numeric keypad doesn't work (to enter a
    > command's number.)

    > I'm sure this is from some type of terminal emulation thing in the BSD
    > box, but does anybody know of any terminal related stuff that this
    > Mitel switch might be looking for?

    You can send email to kermit-support@columbia.edu
    or you could post this question to comp.protocols.kermit.misc.

    --
    ---

  2. Re: kermit and a Mitel SX2000 switch

    :
    :> I have a test FreeBSD box here that gets to the linux box OK but when
    :> I run the script to start the kermit session the maintainance screen
    :> is drawn incorrectly, and the numeric keypad doesn't work (to enter a
    :> command's number.)
    :
    :> I'm sure this is from some type of terminal emulation thing in the BSD
    :> box, but does anybody know of any terminal related stuff that this
    :> Mitel switch might be looking for?
    :
    : You can send email to kermit-support@columbia.edu
    : or you could post this question to comp.protocols.kermit.misc.
    :
    Terminal emulation in Unix (any kind of Unix including Linux and BSD) is
    done by the console screen or xterm window, not by Kermit. In your previous
    setup, the console screen or xterm on the Linux box you were Telnetting from
    happened to be compatible with the escape sequences sent and expected by
    your application. Go to that Linux box, get a shell prompt, and type:

    echo $TERM

    Hopefully there is an environment on your BSD box that supports the same
    kind of emulation. I believe the Linux and BSD consoles are different,
    but if you use an xterm window for Telnetting, it should be the same in
    both cases, and probably will work.

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread