Connecting Mac OS X through KeySpan USB adapter to Cisco serial port - Protocols

This is a discussion on Connecting Mac OS X through KeySpan USB adapter to Cisco serial port - Protocols ; Wow! That's a big subject but I think it covers what I am trying to do. I can connect to the device (Cisco router) and watch the bootup process but when I hit return (or anything else) I get no ...

  1. Connecting Mac OS X through KeySpan USB adapter to Cisco serial port

    Wow! That's a big subject but I think it covers what I am trying to do.

    I can connect to the device (Cisco router) and watch the bootup process but
    when I hit return (or anything else) I get no response from Kermit.

    Here's how it looks:

    C-Kermit>connect
    Connecting to /dev/tty.USA28X181P2.2, speed 9600
    Escape character: Ctrl-\ (ASCII 28, FS): enabled
    Type the escape character followed by C to get back,
    or followed by ? to see other options.

    Can't send character: Unknown error: 0
    (Back at )

    It seems like I am having troubles getting through the KeySpan
    (http://www.keyspan.com) adapter to the console port on the router.

    I didn't see this in the FAQ or other postings.

    Icky

  2. Re: Connecting Mac OS X through KeySpan USB adapter to Cisco serial port

    :
    : ----------------------------------------------------
    :
    : Can't send character: Unknown error: 0
    : (Back at )
    : ----------------------------------------------------
    :
    : It seems like I am having troubles getting through the KeySpan
    : (http://www.keyspan.com) adapter to the console port on the router.
    :
    The latest version of C-Kermit, 8.0.211, should work with Mac OS X and
    the Keyspan adapter:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckermit.html
    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ck80binaries.html#apple

    - Frank