inserting current date into kermit ftp string? - Protocols

This is a discussion on inserting current date into kermit ftp string? - Protocols ; dear kermit folks, What's the easiet way to get the year, month and day in numeric format and insert it into a specific line of a kermit ftp script? I have an ftp script I am using in kermit, and ...

  1. inserting current date into kermit ftp string?

    dear kermit folks,

    What's the easiet way to get the year, month and day in numeric format
    and insert it into a specific line of a kermit ftp script?

    I have an ftp script I am using in kermit, and the following line is
    date dependent:

    ftp cd pub/data/nccf/com/eta/prod/eta.20040520/

    eta.20040520 is the part that will change depending on date.

    Thanks,

    Matt

  2. Re: inserting current date into kermit ftp string?

    :
    : I have an ftp script I am using in kermit, and the following line is
    : date dependent:
    :
    : ftp cd pub/data/nccf/com/eta/prod/eta.20040520/
    :
    : eta.20040520 is the part that will change depending on date.
    :
    For today's date:

    ftp cd pub/data/nccf/com/eta/prod/eta.\v(ndate)/

    \v(ndate) is a built-in variable that is replaced by the current date
    in numeric yyyymmdd format.

    For an arbitrary date... Well I guess the easiest way is to just
    put it in the string:

    ftp cd pub/data/nccf/com/eta/prod/eta.20051231/

    Maybe you didn't say what you really wanted? Anyway Kermit has everything
    you'd want for constructing and manipulating dates; see:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckermit70.html#x1.6

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread