    version of K95 do I need?

    Steve

  2. Re: Shut down server on disconnect

    On 2004-05-14, Steve wrote:
    : Is there a setting to exit server mode when a file transfer coming in dies
    : because of a disconnected phone line? I have a PC that I leave in server
    : mode waiting for a remote PC to dial in and send files. I would like my PC
    : to exit Server mode when I get a dropped line. If this is possible, what
    : version of K95 do I need?
    :
    We always recommend the latest, which currently is 2.1.3:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95.html
    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95upgrade.html

    Something like the following should work. The example assumes you want
    to wait for call, enter server mode when it comes in, exit server mode
    on disconnect (or when the user says BYE or FINISH), and then go back
    and do it again:

    set modem type usrobotics ; or whatever
    set speed 57600 ; or whatever
    set carrier-watch auto ; (this is the default)
    while true { ; Repeatedly...
    answer ; Wait for a call
    if success server ; If no errors enter server mode
    }

    The SERVER command should return if the call disconnects or the user
    explicitly terminates it. The ANSWER commands begins by hanging up
    the phone (if off hook) and resetting the modem. SET CARRIER-WATCH AUTO
    means that a Carrier signal is not required while waiting for the call
    to come in, but once the phone is answered, Carrier is required; should
    it drop, the active command (SERVER in this case) terminates.

    - Frank

  3. Re: Shut down server on disconnect

    All versions of Kermit 95 support it.

    SET CARRIER-WATCH ON

    and be sure to use a modem cable which provide the CD signal
    from the modem to the serial port.

    --