C-Kermit 8.0 on Solaris 9.0 - Protocols

This is a discussion on C-Kermit 8.0 on Solaris 9.0 - Protocols ; Hello. I'm able to make a secure SSL/TLS connection to IBM Info Exchange from my UNIX machine that is running Solaris 9.0 with C-Kermit 8.0.211. However, once I am connected, whenever I try to do a remote command, like RDIR ...

  1. C-Kermit 8.0 on Solaris 9.0

    Hello.

    I'm able to make a secure SSL/TLS connection to IBM Info Exchange
    from my UNIX machine that is running Solaris 9.0 with C-Kermit
    8.0.211. However, once I am connected, whenever I try to do a remote
    command, like RDIR shown below the following occurs and the C-Kermit
    session hangs.

    (/u/rdps/pav/openssl/openssl/certs/) C-Kermit>RDIR
    ---> TYPE A
    200 Type now set to A.
    ---> PORT 150,150,80,111,167,192
    200 Port command OK.
    ---> LIST
    150 Data connection ready to be secured.

    Any suggestions?

    Many thanks in advance.

    Peter

  2. Re: C-Kermit 8.0 on Solaris 9.0

    You have configured C-Kermit to accept incoming connections
    for the data channel on port 42944. Your firewall does not
    allow connections to this port. Therefore, you must use passive
    mode which is the default for C-Kermit.

    --
    -----------------

  3. Re: C-Kermit 8.0 on Solaris 9.0

    Jeffrey,

    thank you! I'm able to connect do a DIR with no problem, once connected.

    Peter

    Jeffrey Altman wrote in message news:<40964FEB.6090000@nyc.rr.com>...
    > You have configured C-Kermit to accept incoming connections
    > for the data channel on port 42944. Your firewall does not
    > allow connections to this port. Therefore, you must use passive
    > mode which is the default for C-Kermit.
    >
    > Peter V. wrote:
    > > Hello.
    > >
    > > I'm able to make a secure SSL/TLS connection to IBM Info Exchange
    > > from my UNIX machine that is running Solaris 9.0 with C-Kermit
    > > 8.0.211. However, once I am connected, whenever I try to do a remote
    > > command, like RDIR shown below the following occurs and the C-Kermit
    > > session hangs.
    > >
    > > (/u/rdps/pav/openssl/openssl/certs/) C-Kermit>RDIR
    > > ---> TYPE A
    > > 200 Type now set to A.
    > > ---> PORT 150,150,80,111,167,192
    > > 200 Port command OK.
    > > ---> LIST
    > > 150 Data connection ready to be secured.
    > >

    > > Any suggestions?
    > >
    > > Many thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Peter

+ Reply to Thread