Kermit screen resolution - Protocols

This is a discussion on Kermit screen resolution - Protocols ; I have setup several wyes370 terminal emulation screens for my users. When I clik on the template in the dialer I get the desired result 1024x768. When I create the shortcut then click on that It does not go to ...

  1. Kermit screen resolution

    I have setup several wyes370 terminal emulation screens for my users.
    When I clik on the template in the dialer I get the desired result
    1024x768. When I create the shortcut then click on that It does not go
    to 1024x768. Any ideas?

  2. Re: Kermit screen resolution

    How have you configured the dialer entry?

    Is 1024x768 the full screen size? Did you specify Maximize? If
    so you need to configure the Shortcut to maximize the window on
    startup.

    finhead wrote:
    > I have setup several wyes370 terminal emulation screens for my users.
    > When I clik on the template in the dialer I get the desired result
    > 1024x768. When I create the shortcut then click on that It does not go
    > to 1024x768. Any ideas?

  3. Re: Kermit screen resolution

    This is Kermit version 2.1.3. In the edit section I select GUI. I then
    select th option to run maximized. Is this correct? The shortcut
    should follow these settings right?

    Jeffrey Altman wrote in message news:<408010B1.7070600@nyc.rr.com>...
    > How have you configured the dialer entry?
    >
    > Is 1024x768 the full screen size? Did you specify Maximize? If
    > so you need to configure the Shortcut to maximize the window on
    > startup.
    >
    > finhead wrote:
    > > I have setup several wyes370 terminal emulation screens for my users.
    > > When I clik on the template in the dialer I get the desired result
    > > 1024x768. When I create the shortcut then click on that It does not go
    > > to 1024x768. Any ideas?

  4. Re: Kermit screen resolution

    I have a strange feeling you are using an Alpha version of 2.1.3 or
    2.1.2 or earlier. This problem was fixed in Beta 1 of 2.1.3 (Jan 3, 2003)

    Jeffrey Altman
    Kermit 95 Author
    Secure Endpoints Inc

    finhead wrote:
    > This is Kermit version 2.1.3. In the edit section I select GUI. I then
    > select th option to run maximized. Is this correct? The shortcut
    > should follow these settings right?

  5. Re: Kermit screen resolution

    Where can I get the beta version of 2.1.3? I donwloaded what they have
    on the web a few days ago.

    > I have a strange feeling you are using an Alpha version of 2.1.3 or
    > 2.1.2 or earlier. This problem was fixed in Beta 1 of 2.1.3 (Jan 3, 2003)
    >
    > Jeffrey Altman
    > Kermit 95 Author
    > Secure Endpoints Inc
    >

    > finhead wrote:
    > > This is Kermit version 2.1.3. In the edit section I select GUI. I then
    > > select th option to run maximized. Is this correct? The shortcut
    > > should follow these settings right?

  6. Re: Kermit screen resolution

    What did you download and where did you get it from?
    The final release of 2.1.3 was made available on Jan 21, 2003
    and it contained the fix.

    If you want something later than that, please read the contents
    of http://www.columbia.edu/~jaltman/ or the thread entitled
    "Post 2.1.3 Bug Fixes and New Features for Kermit 95" which appeared
    in this newsgroup yesterday.

    Jeffrey Altman
    Secure Endpoints Inc

    --
    -----------------

  7. Re: Kermit screen resolution

    I got it from this site --> http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95demo.html
    The Non crytographic version.

    Jeffrey Altman wrote in message news:<40896B0B.9050001@nyc.rr.com>...
    > What did you download and where did you get it from?
    > The final release of 2.1.3 was made available on Jan 21, 2003
    > and it contained the fix.
    >
    > If you want something later than that, please read the contents
    > of http://www.columbia.edu/~jaltman/ or the thread entitled
    > "Post 2.1.3 Bug Fixes and New Features for Kermit 95" which appeared
    > in this newsgroup yesterday.
    >
    > Jeffrey Altman
    > Secure Endpoints Inc
    >

    > finhead wrote:
    > > Where can I get the beta version of 2.1.3? I donwloaded what they have
    > > on the web a few days ago.
    > >
    > > Jeffrey Altman wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I have a strange feeling you are using an Alpha version of 2.1.3 or
    > >>2.1.2 or earlier. This problem was fixed in Beta 1 of 2.1.3 (Jan 3, 2003)
    > >>
    > >>Jeffrey Altman
    > >>Kermit 95 Author
    > >>Secure Endpoints Inc

  8. Re: Kermit screen resolution

    As far as I can tell that download is 2.1.3 and it does not contain the bug.

    Jeffrey Altman
    Secure Endpoints Inc.

    finhead wrote:
    > I got it from this site --> http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95demo.html
    > The Non crytographic version.
    >

    > Jeffrey Altman wrote in message news:<40896B0B.9050001@nyc.rr.com>...
    >
    >>What did you download and where did you get it from?
    >>The final release of 2.1.3 was made available on Jan 21, 2003
    >>and it contained the fix.
    >>
    >>If you want something later than that, please read the contents
    >>of http://www.columbia.edu/~jaltman/ or the thread entitled
    >>"Post 2.1.3 Bug Fixes and New Features for Kermit 95" which appeared
    >>in this newsgroup yesterday.
    >>
    >>Jeffrey Altman
    >>Secure Endpoints Inc
    >>

    >>finhead wrote:
    >>
    >>>Where can I get the beta version of 2.1.3? I donwloaded what they have
    >>>on the web a few days ago.
    >>>
    >>>Jeffrey Altman wrote in message

    --
    -----------------

  9. Re: Kermit screen resolution

    I have donloaded the kermit version 2.1.3 again and I still have the
    same issue. I have set up myh session once again. I have even opened
    the shortcut using notepad and edited the line
    "set tem width 120"
    "set term height 39"
    to accomodate the 1024x768 screen resolution but it still does not
    open correctly. Am I missing something here?

    Jeffrey Altman wrote in message news:<408D9071.2050607@nyc.rr.com>...
    > As far as I can tell that download is 2.1.3 and it does not contain the bug.
    >
    > Jeffrey Altman
    > Secure Endpoints Inc.
    >
    > finhead wrote:
    > > I got it from this site --> http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95demo.html
    > > The Non crytographic version.
    > >

    > > Jeffrey Altman wrote in message news:<40896B0B.9050001@nyc.rr.com>...
    > >
    > >>What did you download and where did you get it from?
    > >>The final release of 2.1.3 was made available on Jan 21, 2003
    > >>and it contained the fix.
    > >>
    > >>If you want something later than that, please read the contents
    > >>of http://www.columbia.edu/~jaltman/ or the thread entitled
    > >>"Post 2.1.3 Bug Fixes and New Features for Kermit 95" which appeared
    > >>in this newsgroup yesterday.
    > >>
    > >>Jeffrey Altman
    > >>Secure Endpoints Inc

  10. Re: Kermit screen resolution

    The ability of a Maximized Kermit 95 window to fill the screen is
    affected by the following options:

    * fontname
    * fontsize
    * terminal height
    * terminal width
    * Gui Resize Mode: {change dimensions or scale font}

    Regardless of the settings, maximizing the window will fill the display.
    If your display is 1024x768, then maximizing will fill the entire
    display. If the resize mode is change dimensions, then the height and
    width will be ignored. The selected number of rows and columns will
    be determined by the number of character cells which fill the screen
    based upon the selected fontname and fontsize. If the resize mode is
    scale font, then the height and width will be preserved. Instead, the
    fontsize will be altered if possible to fill the display as best as can
    be done. If you have selected a scalable fontname, then this will work
    well. If you have selected a bitmap fontname, then the ability to scale
    will be limited to the fixed sizes of the fontname available on your system.

    Jeffrey Altman

    finhead wrote:
    > I have donloaded the kermit version 2.1.3 again and I still have the
    > same issue. I have set up myh session once again. I have even opened
    > the shortcut using notepad and edited the line
    > "set tem width 120"
    > "set term height 39"
    > to accomodate the 1024x768 screen resolution but it still does not
    > open correctly. Am I missing something here?

  11. Re: Kermit screen resolution

    First of all I want to thank you for all the information and support.
    Let me tell you what settings I have on the dialer.
    Under terminal settings
    Terminal Type wyse370
    Character size 8 bits
    Screen Width 129 columns Height 28 lines
    Then under GUI settings
    I have Use GUI Kermit 95 checked
    Fontsize 20
    Resize Mode; Change dimentsions
    Font Size 20
    Run: Maximized
    Then I have the "Menu bar,Tool bar, and Status bar all uncheked. When
    I click on this connection from the dialer I get the desired result. I
    then create the shortcut and I do not get the same screen. It fills
    about half the screen starting from the upper left hand corner. I then
    edit the shortcut to start maximized and I still do not get the
    desired result. Sorry that this thread is getting long.

    Jeffrey Altman wrote in message news:<40925ED2.9060506@nyc.rr.com>...
    > The ability of a Maximized Kermit 95 window to fill the screen is
    > affected by the following options:
    >
    > * fontname
    > * fontsize
    > * terminal height
    > * terminal width
    > * Gui Resize Mode: {change dimensions or scale font}
    >
    > Regardless of the settings, maximizing the window will fill the display.
    > If your display is 1024x768, then maximizing will fill the entire
    > display. If the resize mode is change dimensions, then the height and
    > width will be ignored. The selected number of rows and columns will
    > be determined by the number of character cells which fill the screen
    > based upon the selected fontname and fontsize. If the resize mode is
    > scale font, then the height and width will be preserved. Instead, the
    > fontsize will be altered if possible to fill the display as best as can
    > be done. If you have selected a scalable fontname, then this will work
    > well. If you have selected a bitmap fontname, then the ability to scale
    > will be limited to the fixed sizes of the fontname available on your system.
    >
    > Jeffrey Altman
    >

    > finhead wrote:
    > > I have donloaded the kermit version 2.1.3 again and I still have the
    > > same issue. I have set up myh session once again. I have even opened
    > > the shortcut using notepad and edited the line
    > > "set tem width 120"
    > > "set term height 39"
    > > to accomodate the 1024x768 screen resolution but it still does not
    > > open correctly. Am I missing something here?

  12. Re: Kermit screen resolution

    If the shortcut is not be created in "Maximized" mode then
    you are not running the release version of K95 2.1.3.
    I don't know what else to tell you. That bug was fixed
    before 2.1.3 final was released.

    If you have purchased a copy of Kermit 95 I suggest you
    get a release build from Columbia University.