Problems with send /delete command - Protocols

This is a discussion on Problems with send /delete command - Protocols ; I have Kermit running on Linux Release 9 and have the following lines in my script (This first logs me onto a remote server running Linux 7.3 and has Kermit): set host /pty ssh -e none l root xxx.xxx.xx.xxx if ...

  1. Problems with send /delete command

    I have Kermit running on Linux Release 9 and have the following lines
    in my script (This first logs me onto a remote server running Linux
    7.3 and has Kermit):

    set host /pty ssh -e none l root xxx.xxx.xx.xxx
    if fail stop 1
    minput 30 "password:" ">"
    if < \v(minput) 1 stop 1 "MINPUT = \v(minput)"
    switch \v(minput) {
    :1, echo PASSWORD INPUT OK
    lineout xxxxxxxxxx
    input 30 "#"
    if fail stop 1 PROMPT INPUT FAILED
    :2, echo PROMPT INPUT OK
    lineout "kermit -x"
    input 20 "KERMIT READY TO SERVE..."
    rcd /home/inbox
    send /delete testfile.dat
    }
    bye
    exit

    It logs me in and it gives me the remote directory listing, but when
    it executes the send /delete it says the following:

    ?File not found - "testfile.dat"
    Command stack:
    3. Macro : SWITCH
    2. Macro : _switx
    1. File : /home/scripts/testkermit.sh (line 17)
    0. Prompt : (top level)

    If I get the remote directory listing, I'm not sure why I am getting
    this error ?

  2. Re: Problems with send /delete command

    :
    : set host /pty ssh -e none l root xxx.xxx.xx.xxx
    : if fail stop 1
    : minput 30 "password:" ">"
    : if < \v(minput) 1 stop 1 "MINPUT = \v(minput)"
    : switch \v(minput) {
    ::1, echo PASSWORD INPUT OK
    : lineout xxxxxxxxxx
    : input 30 "#"
    : if fail stop 1 PROMPT INPUT FAILED
    ::2, echo PROMPT INPUT OK
    : lineout "kermit -x"
    : input 20 "KERMIT READY TO SERVE..."
    : rcd /home/inbox
    : send /delete testfile.dat
    : }
    : bye
    : exit
    :
    : It logs me in and it gives me the remote directory listing, but when
    : it executes the send /delete it says the following:
    :
    : ?File not found - "testfile.dat"
    :
    testfile.dat is a local file that you want to send to the remote computer.
    But testfile.dat does not exist in Kermit's current local directory. Either
    you misspelled the name or else you have to give a relative or absolute
    pathname for the source file.

    You should also check "rcd /home/inbox" with IF FAIL to make sure you're
    in the right remote directory before sending the file.

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread