K95 2.14 file download dialogue box - Protocols

This is a discussion on K95 2.14 file download dialogue box - Protocols ; Hi, when running K95 2.14 on Win98SE (gui version) I entered: set telnet env user somename set file download e:\temp ssh somesite At somesite, running C-Kermit daily build on Linux I entered: kermit -s somefile I then received a dialogue ...

  1. K95 2.14 file download dialogue box

    Hi, when running K95 2.14 on Win98SE (gui version) I entered:

    set telnet env user somename
    set file download e:\temp
    ssh somesite

    At somesite, running C-Kermit daily build on Linux I entered:

    kermit -s somefile

    I then received a dialogue box on my Win98SE machine for me to confirm
    the download name and directory of "somefile" when I wanted the file
    just to be received automatically in e:\temp (there was no file of the
    same name in e:\temp).

    Is there something that I typed that caused the dialogue box to be
    presented?

    Regards,

    Arthur.

  2. Re: K95 2.14 file download dialogue box

    By default, autodownloads must be approved by the end user

    SET TERMINAL AUTODOWNLOAD {ON, OFF, AUTO}

    The last public version of K95 shipped was 2.1.3.

    --
    Jeffrey Altman * Volunteer Developer Kermit 95 2.1 GUI available now!!!
    The Kermit Project @ Columbia University SSH, Secure Telnet, Secure FTP, HTTP

  3. Re: K95 2.14 file download dialogue box

    Arthur Marsh wrote in message news:<3fad769e@yorrell.saard.net>...
    > Hi, when running K95 2.14 on Win98SE (gui version) I entered:
    >
    > set telnet env user somename
    > set file download e:\temp
    > ssh somesite
    >
    > At somesite, running C-Kermit daily build on Linux I entered:
    >
    > kermit -s somefile
    >
    > I then received a dialogue box on my Win98SE machine for me to confirm
    > the download name and directory of "somefile" when I wanted the file
    > just to be received automatically in e:\temp (there was no file of the
    > same name in e:\temp).
    >
    > Is there something that I typed that caused the dialogue box to be
    > presented?

    Nope; something you didn't type
    set term autodown on

    try
    set term autodown ?
    or
    help set term
    for details
    It says the default is off but I think it is really ask

    Regards...Dan

  4. Re: K95 2.14 file download dialogue box

    Jeffrey Altman wrote:
    > By default, autodownloads must be approved by the end user
    >
    > SET TERMINAL AUTODOWNLOAD {ON, OFF, AUTO}
    >
    > The last public version of K95 shipped was 2.1.3.

    By doing some more checks, I found that by default

    show ter

    reported

    Terminal parameters:
    Bytesize: Command: 8 bits Terminal: 8 bits
    Type: VT320 ID:
    [?63;1;2;6;8;9;15;44c
    Echo: remote Locking-shift: off
    Newline-mode: off Cr-display: normal
    Cursor: underline autodownload: on, error stop

    and I was prompted for the dialogue box.

    When I entered

    set term autodown on

    show ter reported the same setting for autodownload (on, error stop),
    but I downloads occured without a dialogue box appearing.

    After entering set term autodown off, sh ter reports autodownload off.

    So the problem seems to be show ter reporting autodownload on initially.

    Arthur.

+ Reply to Thread