Login Script Question - Protocols

This is a discussion on Login Script Question - Protocols ; I am using the K95 GUI with the K95 dialer. I can get the dialer to connect to my ssh server, but I want to do a cd /home once I am connected. There is someway to do this in ...

  1. Login Script Question

    I am using the K95 GUI with the K95 dialer. I can get the dialer to
    connect to my ssh server, but I want to do a cd /home once I am
    connected.

    There is someway to do this in a Login Script, but I'm not sure how to
    start editing a Login Script (Notepad ? or is there a built in editor
    in the Kermit GUI ?)

    Do I created a .ksc file in Notepad with my commands then on put this
    name in the Login settings on the dialer for my session and check the
    box "Script file name:" ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Login Script Question

    As documented in the Kermit 95 HTML manual, you have two choices:

    * you may create a script file and specify that it be executed
    on the Login page by checking the button "Script file name".

    * you may type the commands you want executed into the text
    edit box and uncheck the button "Script file name"

    --
    Jeffrey Altman * Volunteer Developer Kermit 95 2.1 GUI available now!!!
    The Kermit Project @ Columbia University SSH, Secure Telnet, Secure FTP, HTTP

  3. Re: Login Script Question

    In article ,
    newexpectuser wrote:
    : I am using the K95 GUI with the K95 dialer. I can get the dialer to
    : connect to my ssh server, but I want to do a cd /home once I am
    : connected.
    :
    The command would be:

    lineout "cd /home"

    : There is someway to do this in a Login Script, but I'm not sure how to
    : start editing a Login Script (Notepad ? or is there a built in editor
    : in the Kermit GUI ?)
    :
    It's a regular Windows text box. Uncheck the "Script file name" box and
    enter the above command in the text box from your keyboard.

    : Do I created a .ksc file in Notepad with my commands then on put this
    : name in the Login settings on the dialer for my session and check the
    : box "Script file name:" ?
    :
    You could do that too.

    - Frank

  4. Re: Login Script Question

    I'm confused on the dialer. I have a command screen and when I press
    Alt-X I have a terminal screen.

    I got the lineout command to work, but I want to transfer a file now
    and there is no "mget or get" command working in the terminal screen.

    Also, if I do get the file transfered, does it transfer to the
    directory specified on the command screen ?
    Frank da Cruz wrote in message news:...
    > In article ,
    > newexpectuser wrote:
    > : I am using the K95 GUI with the K95 dialer. I can get the dialer to
    > : connect to my ssh server, but I want to do a cd /home once I am
    > : connected.
    > :
    > The command would be:
    >
    > lineout "cd /home"
    >
    > : There is someway to do this in a Login Script, but I'm not sure how to
    > : start editing a Login Script (Notepad ? or is there a built in editor
    > : in the Kermit GUI ?)
    > :
    > It's a regular Windows text box. Uncheck the "Script file name" box and
    > enter the above command in the text box from your keyboard.
    >
    > : Do I created a .ksc file in Notepad with my commands then on put this
    > : name in the Login settings on the dialer for my session and check the
    > : box "Script file name:" ?
    > :
    > You could do that too.
    >
    > - Frank

  5. Re: Login Script Question

    In article ,
    newexpectuser wrote:
    : I'm confused on the dialer. I have a command screen and when I press
    : Alt-X I have a terminal screen.
    :
    : I got the lineout command to work, but I want to transfer a file now
    : and there is no "mget or get" command working in the terminal screen.
    :
    : Also, if I do get the file transfered, does it transfer to the
    : directory specified on the command screen ?
    :
    Normally people don't mix scripts and the Dialer, but that doesn't mean
    it isn't possible.

    Note that all the Dialer does is write a script and then tells K95 to
    execute it. If you want to see the script, you can use the File menu to
    "Generate Entry Script". Usually the Dialer just brings you up to the
    point of successful connection. Under certain circumstances, it can also
    log you in. This happens when the connection method (such as Telnet or
    SSH) includes a way to do this, or if you execute a login script chosen
    on the Login page.

    Once you are logged in, you can have your "login script" execute any
    commands you want, whatever you would do by hand and eye. For instructions
    about how to write scripts, you'll need to consult the documentation:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95faq.html#docs

    and the script writing tutorial and library:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckscripts.html

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread