Printing Line Characters - Protocols

This is a discussion on Printing Line Characters - Protocols ; I am having a problem printing the screen to my printer. When I use Alt-P to print the screen, text characters print ok. However, line characters print as question marks. I have tried this on several work stations. I am ...

  1. Printing Line Characters

    I am having a problem printing the screen to my printer. When I use Alt-P to
    print the screen, text characters print ok. However, line characters print
    as question marks. I have tried this on several work stations. I am using
    linux as the terminal emulation and cp437. Does anyone know how to solve
    this problem? Thanks.

    Gary Applin

  2. Re: Printing Line Characters

    In article <3f8ecc3e$0$40213$39cecf19@news.twtelecom.net>, Gary Applin wrote:
    : I am having a problem printing the screen to my printer. When I use Alt-P to
    : print the screen, text characters print ok. However, line characters print
    : as question marks. I have tried this on several work stations. I am using
    : linux as the terminal emulation and cp437. Does anyone know how to solve
    : this problem? Thanks.
    :
    Evidently your printer uses some character set other than CP437. You can
    tell Kermit 95 what character set your printer has with:

    set printer /character-set: ...

    Then Kermit can convert the screen characters to the corresponding printer
    characters.

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread