kermit stopped seeing the login - Protocols

This is a discussion on kermit stopped seeing the login - Protocols ; After dialing and made modem connection, issue the c command, there is nothing could be done further. The only choice is to go back to the kermit prompt. The question mark doesn't give me a menu. No effect keep hitting ...

  1. kermit stopped seeing the login

    After dialing and made modem connection, issue the c command, there is
    nothing could be done further. The only choice is to go back to the
    kermit prompt. The question mark doesn't give me a menu. No effect keep
    hitting the carriage return.

    I can cu to the same remote machine and login. My script used to work
    fine and I didn't change anything. Since yesterday, the script I dial to
    a hundred of remote machines through modem stopped functioning. After
    each modem connection, the situation is the same, no login prompt.
    Everything was working, what happened?

    Jun

  2. Re: kermit stopped seeing the login

    :
    : I can cu to the same remote machine and login. My script used to work
    : fine and I didn't change anything. Since yesterday, the script I dial to
    : a hundred of remote machines through modem stopped functioning. After
    : each modem connection, the situation is the same, no login prompt.
    : Everything was working, what happened?
    :
    Only you can answer that question. Something changed. We have no way
    of knowing what it was.

    If cu works and Kermit does not, but Kermit used to work too, then whatever
    changed affects Kermit but not cu, so that should be a clue.

    Are cu and Kermit dialing at the same interface speed?

    - Frank

  3. Re: kermit stopped seeing the login

    Frank,
    Now after a day or two frustration, the login prompt mysteriously
    came up. I didn't know what changed when it stopped functioning, and
    don't know what brought it back, either.
    Thank you for you attention.

    Jun

    Frank da Cruz wrote:
    > In article <38Wib.87$VE7.1877086@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>,
    > Jun Zhang wrote:
    > : After dialing and made modem connection, issue the c command, there is
    > : nothing could be done further. The only choice is to go back to the
    > : kermit prompt. The question mark doesn't give me a menu. No effect keep
    > : hitting the carriage return.
    > :
    > : I can cu to the same remote machine and login. My script used to work
    > : fine and I didn't change anything. Since yesterday, the script I dial to
    > : a hundred of remote machines through modem stopped functioning. After
    > : each modem connection, the situation is the same, no login prompt.
    > : Everything was working, what happened?
    > :
    > Only you can answer that question. Something changed. We have no way
    > of knowing what it was.
    >
    > If cu works and Kermit does not, but Kermit used to work too, then whatever
    > changed affects Kermit but not cu, so that should be a clue.
    >
    > Are cu and Kermit dialing at the same interface speed?
    >
    > - Frank

+ Reply to Thread