K95 on Multiple Phone Line saga continues - Protocols

This is a discussion on K95 on Multiple Phone Line saga continues - Protocols ; I managed to get K95 to answer multiple calls by having several installations with each K95Custom.ini file pointing to a different modem. Works fine although a bit unwieldy but K95 seems to want a modem mentioned there and I can't ...

  1. K95 on Multiple Phone Line saga continues

    I managed to get K95 to answer multiple calls by having several
    installations with each K95Custom.ini file pointing to a different
    modem. Works fine although a bit unwieldy but K95 seems to want a
    modem mentioned there and I can't figure another way to do it.

    The remaining problem is that one script changes sometimes and I'd
    like to centralize at least the location for that script. I put the
    line Take C:\\mmscript\\mm3.ksc in dhostmdm.ksc but it doesn't find
    the script (error is ?No files match - MM3.ksc. However script MM3.KSC
    does exist in C:\mmscript - this is Win2k. Should this work?

    Do I need to change the script file location somehow? Again, thanks
    for your help.

  2. Re: K95 on Multiple Phone Line saga continues

    In article ,
    dgk wrote:
    : I managed to get K95 to answer multiple calls by having several
    : installations with each K95Custom.ini file pointing to a different
    : modem. Works fine although a bit unwieldy but K95 seems to want a
    : modem mentioned there and I can't figure another way to do it.
    :
    Kermit 95 does not need to have a modem mentioned in any of its .INI
    files, nor in fact does it even need to have .INI files. Typically
    you would have a separate script file for each modem. Or even one
    script file shared by all of them, provided you have a way of passing
    a parameter to it, e.g. in the Shortcut properties, and then have
    a separate shortcut for each connection).

    : The remaining problem is that one script changes sometimes and I'd
    : like to centralize at least the location for that script. I put the
    : line Take C:\\mmscript\\mm3.ksc in dhostmdm.ksc but it doesn't find
    : the script (error is ?No files match - MM3.ksc. However script MM3.KSC
    : does exist in C:\mmscript - this is Win2k. Should this work?
    :
    Depending on the context, you might get in trouble with the backslashes.
    Just use "forward" slashes:

    c:/mmscript/mm3.ksc

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread