How do I pick a modem? - Protocols

This is a discussion on How do I pick a modem? - Protocols ; I'm going a little nuts trying to figure out how to get K95 to select one of two usb modems to use for host mode. I've tried pretty much all combinations of set tapi line and \m(_modem) and \v(_line). I ...

  1. How do I pick a modem?

    I'm going a little nuts trying to figure out how to get K95 to select
    one of two usb modems to use for host mode. I've tried pretty much all
    combinations of set tapi line and \m(_modem) and \v(_line). I think
    modem is supposed to be tapi and commport or line or port is supposed
    to be the modem name.

    The two modems are MultiTech MT5634ZBA-USB 56k Modem on com4 and
    MultiTech MT5634ZBA-USB 56k Modem #2 on com5. I figured that it would
    be easy to set a few commands right before Answer and that would do it
    but both scripts just keep going for the first modem or break. Any
    help is greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: How do I pick a modem?

    In article ,
    dgk wrote:
    : I'm going a little nuts trying to figure out how to get K95 to select
    : one of two usb modems to use for host mode. I've tried pretty much all
    : combinations of set tapi line and \m(_modem) and \v(_line). I think
    : modem is supposed to be tapi and commport or line or port is supposed
    : to be the modem name.
    :
    At the prompt, type "set port tapi ?". This lists the choices. Choose
    the one you want to use. Note that spaces in the Control Panel modem
    name are replaced by underscores. Example:

    [C:\fdc\tmp\] K-95> set port tapi ? TAPI device name, one of the following:
    Courier_V.Everything_EXT_PnP_(V90-x2)
    MultiTech_MT5634ZBA-USB_56k_Modem
    [C:\fdc\tmp\] K-95> set port tapi Courier_V.Everything_EXT_PnP_(V90-x2)
    [C:\fdc\tmp\] K-95>

    - Frank

  3. Re: How do I pick a modem?

    On 7 Oct 2003 10:30:13 -0400, fdc@sesame.cc.columbia.edu (Frank da
    Cruz) wrote:

    >In article ,
    >dgk wrote:
    >: I'm going a little nuts trying to figure out how to get K95 to select
    >: one of two usb modems to use for host mode. I've tried pretty much all
    >: combinations of set tapi line and \m(_modem) and \v(_line). I think
    >: modem is supposed to be tapi and commport or line or port is supposed
    >: to be the modem name.
    >:
    >At the prompt, type "set port tapi ?". This lists the choices. Choose
    >the one you want to use. Note that spaces in the Control Panel modem
    >name are replaced by underscores. Example:
    >
    > [C:\fdc\tmp\] K-95> set port tapi ? TAPI device name, one of the following:
    > Courier_V.Everything_EXT_PnP_(V90-x2)
    > MultiTech_MT5634ZBA-USB_56k_Modem
    > [C:\fdc\tmp\] K-95> set port tapi Courier_V.Everything_EXT_PnP_(V90-x2)
    > [C:\fdc\tmp\] K-95>
    >
    >- Frank

    Thanks, that does work. But it craps out earlier because the custom
    init file is pointing to another modem which someone else has. So I am
    temporarily setting up two separate K95 directories and that works.
    However I will try to combine them into one directory and just pass
    parameters through the scripts. Or at least try not to bomb out in the
    custom init.

+ Reply to Thread