Multiple phone lines? - Protocols

This is a discussion on Multiple phone lines? - Protocols ; My small project is working fine (just K95 answering a phone and sending and receiving files in host mode). In fact, it worked well enough so that it needs to be expanded to handle multiple lines. It looks like I ...

  1. Multiple phone lines?

    My small project is working fine (just K95 answering a phone and
    sending and receiving files in host mode). In fact, it worked well
    enough so that it needs to be expanded to handle multiple lines. It
    looks like I can start up multiple instances of K95 by passing each a
    "hostMM.ksc -l comX on the command line where hostMM.ksc is our
    adapted hostmode.ksc and X is the com port. I have a few questions
    though.

    1) Is this the correct way to do it?
    2) Is there a license issue with running multiple copies on one
    machine?
    3) Will it work for USB modems that come in as pseudo-comm ports?

    Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: Multiple phone lines?

    :
    : 1) Is this the correct way to do it?
    :
    This is probably the first time the question has come up, and the
    manual doesn't give explicit instructions, so if it works, then yes :-)

    : 2) Is there a license issue with running multiple copies on one
    : machine?
    :
    No.

    : 3) Will it work for USB modems that come in as pseudo-comm ports?
    :
    Yes, as long as you specify them as TAPI devices rather than COM ports.

    - Frank

  3. Re: Multiple phone lines?

    On 3 Oct 2003 11:25:57 -0400, fdc@sesame.cc.columbia.edu (Frank da
    Cruz) wrote:

    >In article ,
    >dgk wrote:
    >: My small project is working fine (just K95 answering a phone and
    >: sending and receiving files in host mode). In fact, it worked well
    >: enough so that it needs to be expanded to handle multiple lines. It
    >: looks like I can start up multiple instances of K95 by passing each a
    >: "hostMM.ksc -l comX on the command line where hostMM.ksc is our
    >: adapted hostmode.ksc and X is the com port. I have a few questions
    >: though.
    >:
    >: 1) Is this the correct way to do it?
    >:
    >This is probably the first time the question has come up, and the
    >manual doesn't give explicit instructions, so if it works, then yes :-)
    >
    >: 2) Is there a license issue with running multiple copies on one
    >: machine?
    >:
    >No.
    >
    >: 3) Will it work for USB modems that come in as pseudo-comm ports?
    >:
    >Yes, as long as you specify them as TAPI devices rather than COM ports.
    >
    >- Frank

    How would I specify them as TAPI devices? Can I do that on the command
    line?

  4. Re: Multiple phone lines?

    In article <2n5rnv8oopri7joeggkrjju6c5rujb831n@4ax.com>,
    dgk wrote:
    : > : 3) Will it work for USB modems that come in as pseudo-comm ports?
    : >
    : > Yes, as long as you specify them as TAPI devices rather than COM ports.
    :
    : How would I specify them as TAPI devices? Can I do that on the command
    : line?
    :
    Good question -- apparently not, at least not with "-l". But you can always
    change your hostMM.ksc script to accept a TAPI device specification as a
    command-line argument.

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread