Kermit in Orbit - Protocols

This is a discussion on Kermit in Orbit - Protocols ; Just in: A story about Kermit software (Kermit 95 and MS-DOS Kermit) on the International Space Station: http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/nasa.html Many thanks to Professor Joe Doupnik of Utah State University for providing the modified version of MS-DOS Kermit for "headless" (or perhaps, ...

  1. Kermit in Orbit

    Just in: A story about Kermit software (Kermit 95 and MS-DOS Kermit) on
    the International Space Station:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/nasa.html

    Many thanks to Professor Joe Doupnik of Utah State University for providing
    the modified version of MS-DOS Kermit for "headless" (or perhaps, "pinhead")
    operation.

    The application described is quite simple, yet it illustrates the benefits
    of Kermit scripting and its wide platform coverage.

    - Frank

  2. Re: Kermit in Orbit

    Frank da Cruz wrote:
    > Just in: A story about Kermit software (Kermit 95 and MS-DOS Kermit) on
    > the International Space Station:
    >
    > http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/nasa.html
    >
    > Many thanks to Professor Joe Doupnik of Utah State University for providing
    > the modified version of MS-DOS Kermit for "headless" (or perhaps, "pinhead")
    > operation.
    >
    > The application described is quite simple, yet it illustrates the benefits
    > of Kermit scripting and its wide platform coverage.
    >
    > - Frank

    I also noticed msk316src.zip at ftp://ftp.columbia.edu/kermit/archive
    dated 23 September 2003 - thanks to JRD for making it available.

    Arthur.

+ Reply to Thread