destination file name - Protocols

This is a discussion on destination file name - Protocols ; I did send \%1 /tmp/\%1 where the value of \%1 is mydout. kermit reported, SENDING: mydout => /tmp/mydout => //mydout and the file is sent to remotehost:/mydout. How can I make the destination file remotehost:/tmp/mydout? Jun...

  1. destination file name

    I did
    send \%1 /tmp/\%1
    where the value of \%1 is mydout.

    kermit reported,
    SENDING: mydout => /tmp/mydout => //mydout
    and the file is sent to remotehost:/mydout. How can I make the
    destination file remotehost:/tmp/mydout?

    Jun

  2. Re: destination file name

    :
    : kermit reported,
    : SENDING: mydout => /tmp/mydout => //mydout
    : and the file is sent to remotehost:/mydout. How can I make the
    : destination file remotehost:/tmp/mydout?
    :
    Let's assume the remote Kermit program is a fairly modern one
    (it would be easier for us to answer your questions if you included
    information like this). Then you would tell the receiving Kermit
    to SET RECEIVE PATHNAMES ABSOLUTE. Read about this command here:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckermit70.html#x4.10

    or type "help set receive" at the C-Kermit> or K-95> prompt.

    Alternatively you could start the remote Kermit in server mode and then
    tell the client to:

    remote cd /tmp
    send \%1
    finish ; (or bye)

    - Frank

  3. Re: destination file name

    Appreciate your time.

    Jun

    Frank da Cruz wrote:
    > In article ,
    > Jun Zhang wrote:
    > : I did
    > : send \%1 /tmp/\%1
    > : where the value of \%1 is mydout.
    > :
    > : kermit reported,
    > : SENDING: mydout => /tmp/mydout => //mydout
    > : and the file is sent to remotehost:/mydout. How can I make the
    > : destination file remotehost:/tmp/mydout?
    > :
    > Let's assume the remote Kermit program is a fairly modern one
    > (it would be easier for us to answer your questions if you included
    > information like this). Then you would tell the receiving Kermit
    > to SET RECEIVE PATHNAMES ABSOLUTE. Read about this command here:
    >
    > http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckermit70.html#x4.10
    >
    > or type "help set receive" at the C-Kermit> or K-95> prompt.
    >
    > Alternatively you could start the remote Kermit in server mode and then
    > tell the client to:
    >
    > remote cd /tmp
    > send \%1
    > finish ; (or bye)