.kermrc not sourced? - Protocols

This is a discussion on .kermrc not sourced? - Protocols ; I have c-kermit 8.0 on RH8.0. Downloaded kermrc from kermit website and named it .kermrc under home directory. Then I executed my script with the content, #!/usr/local/bin/kermit UNIXLOGIN Executing /root/.kermrc for UNIX... Good Morning! ?Not a command or macro name: ...

  1. .kermrc not sourced?

    I have c-kermit 8.0 on RH8.0. Downloaded kermrc from kermit website and
    named it .kermrc under home directory. Then I executed my script with
    the content,

    #!/usr/local/bin/kermit
    UNIXLOGIN

    Executing /root/.kermrc for UNIX...
    Good Morning!
    ?Not a command or macro name: "UNIXLOGIN"
    (/root/) C-Kermit>

    I see UNIXLOGIN is defined in .kermrc, how come?

    Jun

  2. Re: .kermrc not sourced?

    In article ,
    Jun Zhang wrote:
    : I have c-kermit 8.0 on RH8.0. Downloaded kermrc from kermit website and
    : named it .kermrc under home directory. Then I executed my script with
    : the content,
    :
    : #!/usr/local/bin/kermit
    : UNIXLOGIN
    :
    : Executing /root/.kermrc for UNIX...
    : Good Morning!
    : ?Not a command or macro name: "UNIXLOGIN"
    : ....
    : (/root/) C-Kermit>
    :
    : I see UNIXLOGIN is defined in .kermrc, how come?
    :
    ..kermrc is not sourced by "kerbang" scripts. Add "take \v(home).kermrc"
    to the script if you want .kermrc processed.

    - Frank

  3. Re: .kermrc not sourced?

    Frank,
    I know who you are, but I still believe that my kerbang script is
    sourcing .kermrc, since once I added the "take \v(home).kermrc" in the
    script, the output will be,

    Executing /root/.kermrc for UNIX...
    Good Morning!
    Executing /root/.kermrc for UNIX...
    Good Morning!
    ?Not a command or macro name: "UNIXLOGIN"

    It sourced twice now, and UNIXLOGIN is still not known.

    My next question will be, supposing I have UNIXLOGIN work, will the
    following script (partial) does automatic login, and give directly the
    remote machine's shell prompt?

    dial nnnnnnn
    UNIXLOGIN

    Jun

    Frank da Cruz wrote:
    > In article ,
    > Jun Zhang wrote:
    > : I have c-kermit 8.0 on RH8.0. Downloaded kermrc from kermit website and
    > : named it .kermrc under home directory. Then I executed my script with
    > : the content,
    > :
    > : #!/usr/local/bin/kermit
    > : UNIXLOGIN
    > :
    > : Executing /root/.kermrc for UNIX...
    > : Good Morning!
    > : ?Not a command or macro name: "UNIXLOGIN"
    > : ....
    > : (/root/) C-Kermit>
    > :
    > : I see UNIXLOGIN is defined in .kermrc, how come?
    > :
    > .kermrc is not sourced by "kerbang" scripts. Add "take \v(home).kermrc"
    > to the script if you want .kermrc processed.
    >
    > - Frank

  4. Re: .kermrc not sourced?

    In article ,
    Jun Zhang wrote:
    : Frank,
    : I know who you are, but I still believe that my kerbang script is
    : sourcing .kermrc, since once I added the "take \v(home).kermrc" in the
    : script, the output will be,
    :
    : Executing /root/.kermrc for UNIX...
    : Good Morning!
    : Executing /root/.kermrc for UNIX...
    : Good Morning!
    : ?Not a command or macro name: "UNIXLOGIN"
    :
    : It sourced twice now, and UNIXLOGIN is still not known.
    :
    What can I say, my copy does not automatically source ~/.kermrc.
    If I put a "take" command in my script, it does source it, once.

    Here's the deal about UNIXLOGIN and similar macros: they are intended
    for use with a services directory. Therefore if you don't have a
    services directory, the rather lengthy section that defines them is
    skipped so that Kermit will start up faster for most people.

    : My next question will be, supposing I have UNIXLOGIN work, will the
    : following script (partial) does automatic login, and give directly the
    : remote machine's shell prompt?
    :
    You have to read about the services directory in the manual. It's kind
    of like a phonebook for connections. Each line is one connection:
    name of connection, name of macro, parameters for macro (such as user ID,
    phone number, network address, etc). There's a whole chapter about this.

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread