Problem after making a modem connection - Protocols

This is a discussion on Problem after making a modem connection - Protocols ; Prompt shifting, like, # uname -a HP-UX UBHPUX B.11.00 U 9000/816 100302301 unlimited-user license # see how far the pound sign moved to the right. How can I correct this? Jun...

  1. Problem after making a modem connection

    #
    see how far the pound sign moved to the right. How can I correct this?

    Jun

  2. Re: Problem after making a modem connection

    In article <_ol7b.441$qa3.406@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com>,
    Jun Zhang wrote:
    >Prompt shifting, like,
    ># uname -a
    >HP-UX UBHPUX B.11.00 U 9000/816 100302301 unlimited-user license
    > #
    >see how far the pound sign moved to the right. How can I correct this?
    >

    >Jun

    The remote system is apparently sending _only_ a [LF] character at the
    end of the prior line. Tweak the settings on it to send a [CR][LF] pair.

    "stty onlcr" may do the trick.

  3. Re: Problem after making a modem connection

    Thank you for the response.
    I put "stty sane" in the user's .profile, and the problem after logging
    in was solved. The problem still exist between connection and login, like,

    GenericSysName [HP Release B.11.00] (see /etc/issue)
    login: root
    Password:
    Please wait...checking for disk quotas
    ........ (indent will be to the end of last line)
    # (no problem from this point)

    I then added onlcr to the /etc/gettydefs file, the entry of which now
    look like,

    ult9600 #B9600 cs8 hupcl ignpar icrnl ixon opost onlcr cread
    isig icanon echo echok istrip ixany tab3
    #B9600 cs8 hupcl ignpar brkint icrnl onlcr ixon ixoff cread
    isig icanon echo echok tab3
    #login: # ult9600

    but the problem after Password: and before # sign remains.

    Jun

    Robert Bonomi wrote:
    > In article <_ol7b.441$qa3.406@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com>,
    > Jun Zhang wrote:
    >
    >>Prompt shifting, like,
    >># uname -a
    >>HP-UX UBHPUX B.11.00 U 9000/816 100302301 unlimited-user license
    >> #
    >>see how far the pound sign moved to the right. How can I correct this?
    >>

    >>Jun
    >>

    > The remote system is apparently sending _only_ a [LF] character at the
    > end of the prior line. Tweak the settings on it to send a [CR][LF] pair.
    >
    > "stty onlcr" may do the trick.

  4. Re: Problem after making a modem connection

    In article ,
    Jun Zhang wrote:
    >Thank you for the response.
    >I put "stty sane" in the user's .profile, and the problem after logging
    >in was solved. The problem still exist between connection and login, like,
    >
    >GenericSysName [HP Release B.11.00] (see /etc/issue)
    >login: root
    >Password:
    > Please wait...checking for disk quotas
    >....... (indent will be to the end of last line)
    ># (no problem from this point)
    >
    >I then added onlcr to the /etc/gettydefs file, the entry of which now
    >look like,
    >
    >ult9600 #B9600 cs8 hupcl ignpar icrnl ixon opost onlcr cread
    > isig icanon echo echok istrip ixany tab3
    > #B9600 cs8 hupcl ignpar brkint icrnl onlcr ixon ixoff cread
    > isig icanon echo echok tab3
    > #login: # ult9600
    >
    >but the problem after Password: and before # sign remains.

    This is now confirmed to *NOT* be a KERMIT related issue. Recommend you
    take it to an HP/UX admin discussion group.

+ Reply to Thread