Problem with path getting file - Protocols

This is a discussion on Problem with path getting file - Protocols ; Strange path error. I trying to "GET" a file from a kermit server with: get aaaa.txt g:\xfer\aaaa.txt As you can tell the \xfe gets translated into ascii character 254. How can I avoid this? TIA Carlos San Miguel...

  1. Problem with path getting file

    Strange path error. I trying to "GET" a file from a kermit server
    with:

    get aaaa.txt g:\xfer\aaaa.txt

    As you can tell the \xfe gets translated into ascii character 254. How
    can I avoid this?

    TIA
    Carlos San Miguel

  2. Re: Problem with path getting file

    In article <61105627.0309082215.2dc4461e@posting.google.com>,
    carlossm wrote:
    : Strange path error. I trying to "GET" a file from a kermit server
    : with:
    :
    : get aaaa.txt g:\xfer\aaaa.txt
    :
    : As you can tell the \xfe gets translated into ascii character 254. How
    : can I avoid this?
    :
    Backslash has a special function in Kermit language, just like it does
    in shell scripts. Use:

    get aaaa.txt g:\\xfer\\aaaa.txt

    or:

    get aaaa.txt g:/xfer/aaaa.txt