relocation error - Protocols

This is a discussion on relocation error - Protocols ; I have on my PC redhat 9 and I just installed "ckermit-8.0.209-4" with the objective to get files saved on my office server from home. The ckermit installation seems to be ok, but as I try to send some files ...

  1. relocation error

    I have on my PC redhat 9 and I just installed "ckermit-8.0.209-4" with the
    objective to get files saved on my office server from home.
    The ckermit installation seems to be ok, but as I try to send some files I
    receive the following answer from the server:

    kermit: relocation error: kermit: undefined symbol: krb5_cc_get_name

    what I have to do? can you help me to find a solution or to find a URL where
    to get it?

    thanks
    Davide

  2. Re: relocation error

    You installed the binary RPM from the Rawhide/"Fedora" distribution, didn't
    you? That wasn't built for a RedHat 9 system, so there are some library
    compatability issues.

    The easiest solution is to grab the source rpm and rebuild the binary RPM
    on your system. Normally, you'd simply grab the source rpm and run:

    rpmbuild --rebuild ckermit-8.0.209-4.src.rpm

    But the spec file has errors under Redhat 9, so you'll need to run
    through a few extra steps:

    1. grab the source rpm
    2. run 'rpm -ivh ckermit-8.0.209-4.src.rpm'. This will install files in
    /usr/src/redhat by default.
    3. replace /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/ckermit.spec with the spec file I've
    attached to this message.
    4. run 'rpmbuild -bb /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/ckermit.spec'. This will
    generate a binary RPM in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386.

    You will probably need to run the above commands as root. See below for
    the spec file.

    -- Lars

    --
    Lars Kellogg-Stedman

    ---[ cut here ]------------------------------------------------------------
    Name: ckermit
    Version: 8.0.209
    Release: 4.lks.1
    License: Special (see Copyright Notice)
    Group: Applications/Communications
    Source0: ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/archives/cku209.tar.gz
    Source1: cku-%{name}.local.ini
    Source2: cku-%{name}.modem.generic.ini
    Source3: cku-%{name}.locale.ini
    Source4: cku-%{name}.phone
    # XXX Swipe files from cku206, remove when added to cku208 tarball.
    Source10: ckermit.ini
    Source11: ckuker.nr
    BuildRequires: pam-devel
    BuildRequires: pkgconfig
    BuildRequires: openssl-devel >= 0.9.7
    BuildRequires: gmp-devel >= 3.1.1
    BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-root
    Obsoletes: gkermit

    %description
    C-Kermit is a combined serial and network communication software
    package offering a consistent, medium-independent, cross-platform
    approach to connection establishment, terminal sessions, file transfer
    and management, character-set translation, and automation of
    communication tasks. For more information please see:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/

    C-KERMIT 7.0 COPYRIGHT NOTICE:

    The C-Kermit license does not fall into any convenient category. It is
    not commercial, not shareware, not freeware, not GPL. The terms can be
    summarized as follows:

    1. You may download C-Kermit without license or fee for your own use
    or internal use within your company or institution.

    2. You may install C-Kermit without license or fee as a service or
    application on a computer within your company that is accessed by
    customers or clients. This provision would apply, for example, to an
    ISP or a medical claims clearinghouse.

    3. You may include C-Kermit with a "Free UNIX" or other Open Source
    operating-system distribution such as GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD,
    OpenBSD, etc.

    4. Except as in (3), you may not sell or otherwise furnish C-Kermit as
    a software product, or a component of any product, to actual or
    potential customers or clients without a commercial license; to see
    the commercial license terms, see http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/.

    In addition, we request that those who make more than casual use of
    C-Kermit purchase the published manual, Using C-Kermit. This helps
    them to get the most out of the software, it reduces the load on our
    help desk, and it helps to fund the Kermit Project.

    The Kermit Project must fund itself entirely out of income, which
    comes from software licenses, book sales, and support contracts. The
    C-Kermit licensing terms are designed to be as generous and fair as
    possible within this framework. Simply stated: if you just want to use
    it, be our guest. If you want us to help you use it, please consult
    the manual first. If you want to make a product or commodity of it,
    you have to pay for it.

    %prep
    %setup -q -c

    # XXX Swipe files from cku206, remove when added to cku208 tarball.
    cp %{SOURCE10} .
    cp %{SOURCE11} .

    %build
    %{__make} redhat80 \
    KFLAGS="-O0 $RPM_OPT_FLAGS -DOPENSSL_097 -Dsdata=s_data" \
    K4LIB="-L/usr/kerberos/lib" \
    K4INC= \
    K5LIB="-L/usr/kerberos/lib" \
    K5INC="-I%{_includedir}/et -I/usr/kerberos/include"\
    SSLLIB= \
    SSLINC= \
    %{?_smp_mflags}

    %install
    rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
    install -d $RPM_BUILD_ROOT{%{_bindir},%{_mandir}/man1,%{_sysconfdir}/kermit}

    perl -pi -e "s|%{_prefix}/local/bin/kermit|%{_bindir}/kermit|g" ckermit.ini

    install wermit $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_bindir}/kermit
    install ckuker.nr $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_mandir}/man1/kermit.1
    install ckermit.ini $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_sysconfdir}/kermit/
    install %{SOURCE1} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_sysconfdir}/kermit/ckermit.local.ini
    install %{SOURCE2} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_sysconfdir}/kermit/ckermit.modem.ini
    install %{SOURCE3} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_sysconfdir}/kermit/ckermit.locale.ini
    install %{SOURCE4} $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_sysconfdir}/kermit/ckermit.phone

    gzip -9nf *.txt COPYING.TXT

    %clean
    rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

    %files
    %defattr(-,root,root)
    %doc *.gz
    %dir %{_sysconfdir}/kermit
    %config(noreplace) %verify(not size mtime md5) %{_sysconfdir}/kermit/*
    %attr(755, root, root) %{_bindir}/kermit
    %{_mandir}/man1/kermit.1*

    %changelog
    * Sat Oct 25 2003 Lars Kellogg-Stedman 8.0.209-4.lks.1
    - fixed spec file to build on RedHat 9.

+ Reply to Thread