remote modem configuration - Protocols

This is a discussion on remote modem configuration - Protocols ; hi, i want to know, how can i give some commands to my computer through my phone, then i can use it as a operator to establish communication with other phones, for example, i call my computer from any phone ...

  1. remote modem configuration

    hi, i want to know, how can i give some commands to my computer
    through my phone, then i can use it as a operator to establish
    communication with other phones, for example, i call my computer from
    any phone (123), so when my computer answers me, i send to my
    computer, my phone number (123), and other phone from anyone (456)
    separated by # (123#456), then i hung up, and then my computer, calls
    me to my number (123), i answer to my computer, and the computer dial
    some kind of code with the other number (456) and call`s him.
    My questions are:

    is there any script that make this(windows or linux)?

    what program does this? can i use Kermit?

    i`ve been reading and i think that the program "megtty" can make this
    possible, is this correct, or no?

  2. Re: remote modem configuration

    In article ,
    guarez wrote:
    > hi, i want to know, how can i give some commands to my computer
    > through my phone, then i can use it as a operator to establish
    > communication with other phones, for example, i call my computer from
    > any phone (123), so when my computer answers me, i send to my
    > computer, my phone number (123), and other phone from anyone (456)
    > separated by # (123#456), then i hung up, and then my computer, calls
    > me to my number (123), i answer to my computer, and the computer dial
    > some kind of code with the other number (456) and call`s him.
    > My questions are:
    >
    > is there any script that make this(windows or linux)?

    Windows and Linux can both call other computers.

    However, Windows computers can't receive calls, at least not in any
    normal sense. You can call Linux computers, but first you have to
    read the relevant HOWTOs about how to enable incoming calls. (Yes
    mgetty has something to do with it.)

    > what program does this? can i use Kermit?

    Yes. See the Kermit website:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/

    - Frank

  3. Re: remote modem configuration

    wow thnkz for help =)

    just another question..

    how i can configure the modem to "read" the number i press on the phone keypad?
    is it possible?

    please.. a little help would be nice =)

    adiux!

    fdc@sesame.cc.columbia.edu (Frank da Cruz) wrote in message news:...
    > In article ,
    > guarez wrote:
    > > hi, i want to know, how can i give some commands to my computer
    > > through my phone, then i can use it as a operator to establish
    > > communication with other phones, for example, i call my computer from
    > > any phone (123), so when my computer answers me, i send to my
    > > computer, my phone number (123), and other phone from anyone (456)
    > > separated by # (123#456), then i hung up, and then my computer, calls
    > > me to my number (123), i answer to my computer, and the computer dial
    > > some kind of code with the other number (456) and call`s him.
    > > My questions are:
    > >
    > > is there any script that make this(windows or linux)?
    > >

    > Windows and Linux can both call other computers.
    >
    > However, Windows computers can't receive calls, at least not in any
    > normal sense. You can call Linux computers, but first you have to
    > read the relevant HOWTOs about how to enable incoming calls. (Yes
    > mgetty has something to do with it.)
    >
    > > what program does this? can i use Kermit?
    > >

    > Yes. See the Kermit website:
    >
    > http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/
    >
    > - Frank

  4. Re: remote modem configuration

    In article ,
    guarez wrote:
    >wow thnkz for help =)
    >
    >just another question..
    >
    >how i can configure the modem to "read" the number i press on the phone keypad?
    >is it possible?

    Depends on the modem, but the answer is "probably not". With the few modems
    that are capable of such things, you need specialized software running on the
    computer to support it.

    This is getting _far_ removed from the scope of this newsgroup, as KERMIT
    does -not- have the functionality for supporting those kinds of operations
    even given a modem that is capable of doing so.

    >please.. a little help would be nice =)
    >
    >adiux!
    >
    >fdc@sesame.cc.columbia.edu (Frank da Cruz) wrote in message
    >> In article ,
    >> guarez wrote:
    >> > hi, i want to know, how can i give some commands to my computer
    >> > through my phone, then i can use it as a operator to establish
    >> > communication with other phones, for example, i call my computer from
    >> > any phone (123), so when my computer answers me, i send to my
    >> > computer, my phone number (123), and other phone from anyone (456)
    >> > separated by # (123#456), then i hung up, and then my computer, calls
    >> > me to my number (123), i answer to my computer, and the computer dial
    >> > some kind of code with the other number (456) and call`s him.
    >> > My questions are:
    >> >
    >> > is there any script that make this(windows or linux)?
    >> >

    >> Windows and Linux can both call other computers.
    >>
    >> However, Windows computers can't receive calls, at least not in any
    >> normal sense. You can call Linux computers, but first you have to
    >> read the relevant HOWTOs about how to enable incoming calls. (Yes
    >> mgetty has something to do with it.)
    >>
    >> > what program does this? can i use Kermit?
    >> >

    >> Yes. See the Kermit website:
    >>
    >> http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/
    >>
    >> - Frank

+ Reply to Thread