Kermit hangs on AT commands - Protocols

This is a discussion on Kermit hangs on AT commands - Protocols ; Hi ! I would like to control a CDMA modem with AT commands and would like to test that with kermit. The modem is connected to ttyS1 and I had it working at least once. I connect to the modem ...

  1. Kermit hangs on AT commands

    Hi !

    I would like to control a CDMA modem with AT commands and would like
    to test that with kermit. The modem is connected to ttyS1 and I had it
    working at least once.

    I connect to the modem by typing

    C-Kermit>set line /dev/ttyS3
    C-Kermit>set carrier-watch off
    C-Kermit>set speed 115200

    When I type "c", I get connected and I can type Ctrl-\ C to get back.
    As soon as I type AT something, kermit hangs and I have to kill it.
    Irt worked once before, I typed ATE1 and then one of the SMS commands
    and I unpowered the modem in between.

    Any help?

    Jochen

    --
    Jochen Daum - CANS Ltd.
    PHP DB Edit Toolkit -- PHP scripts for building

  2. Re: Kermit hangs on AT commands

    In article ,
    Jochen Daum wrote:
    : I would like to control a CDMA modem with AT commands and would like
    : to test that with kermit. The modem is connected to ttyS1 and I had it
    : working at least once.
    :
    So this is Linux? And the version of Kermit is...?

    : I connect to the modem by typing
    :
    : C-Kermit>set line /dev/ttyS3
    : C-Kermit>set carrier-watch off
    : C-Kermit>set speed 115200
    :
    You should reverse the first two commands, and also add:

    set modem type none

    before the "set line" command.

    : When I type "c", I get connected and I can type Ctrl-\ C to get back.
    : As soon as I type AT something, kermit hangs and I have to kill it.
    : Irt worked once before, I typed ATE1 and then one of the SMS commands
    : and I unpowered the modem in between.
    :
    Sounds like Kermit is expected the CTS signal from the modem to be high,
    but it's not. Try adding "set flow none". Or (better) configure the
    modem to use RTS/CTS (hardware) flow control.

    Btw, "show comm" probably would have suggested this to you, perhaps
    subliminally.

    Once you get it working, of course you can use Kermit's SET DIAL, SET
    MODEM, and DIAL commands to configure the modem automatically or, if you
    prefer, you can also use Kermit's script language.

    On the other hand, if it still doesn't work, there's a whole series of
    troubleshooting steps but no point reciting them yet.

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread