Re: Keyboard Emulation for WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX - Protocols

This is a discussion on Re: Keyboard Emulation for WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX - Protocols ; In article , Bill wrote: : vt220 Keyboard Emulation : : Well here goes. A friend of mine has a "handed down" version of Procom : DOS and I have suggested that she change to Kermit and buy the latest ...

  1. Re: Keyboard Emulation for WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX

    In article <6ujifv8fqje07hjlmml1p8vv8epcq98kq2@4ax.com>,
    Bill wrote:
    : vt220 Keyboard Emulation
    :
    : Well here goes. A friend of mine has a "handed down" version of Procom
    : DOS and I have suggested that she change to Kermit and buy the latest
    : version. RIght now the trial version is loaded.
    :
    : We copied the settings from ProCom and are able to access the site and
    : get into WP. In ProCom the function keys work as expected but with the
    : Kermit emulation nothing happens except the F7 key which exits. Both
    : programs are set to use a vt220 emulation. I have not checked to see
    : what if any ProCom has in it's .ini files. I never used ProCom and
    : always used CrossTalk and the latest BBS uses were with Kermit.
    :
    Gee nobody has asked us that question in years and years... Try this:

    set terminal keyboard-mode wp

    This activates WordPerfect keyboard mode. To find out what the key
    mappings are, type:

    show key all wp

    - Frank

  2. Re: Keyboard Emulation for WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX

    On 25 Jun 2003 16:13:42 -0400, fdc@columbia.edu (Frank da Cruz) wrote:

    >In article <6ujifv8fqje07hjlmml1p8vv8epcq98kq2@4ax.com>,
    >Bill wrote:
    >: vt220 Keyboard Emulation
    >:
    >: Well here goes. A friend of mine has a "handed down" version of Procom
    >: DOS and I have suggested that she change to Kermit and buy the latest
    >: version. RIght now the trial version is loaded.
    >:
    >: We copied the settings from ProCom and are able to access the site and
    >: get into WP. In ProCom the function keys work as expected but with the
    >: Kermit emulation nothing happens except the F7 key which exits. Both
    >: programs are set to use a vt220 emulation. I have not checked to see
    >: what if any ProCom has in it's .ini files. I never used ProCom and
    >: always used CrossTalk and the latest BBS uses were with Kermit.
    >:
    >Gee nobody has asked us that question in years and years... Try this:
    >
    > set terminal keyboard-mode wp
    >
    >This activates WordPerfect keyboard mode. To find out what the key
    >mappings are, type:
    >
    > show key all wp
    >
    >- Frank

    Has been awhile hasn't it. I used to have a real vt220 on my desk and
    then we direct connected with a pc /keyboard and CrossTalk.. Thanks
    for the reply

    Bill

  3. Re: Keyboard Emulation for WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX

    Frank da Cruz wrote:
    > In article <6ujifv8fqje07hjlmml1p8vv8epcq98kq2@4ax.com>,
    > Gee nobody has asked us that question in years and years... Try this:
    >
    > set terminal keyboard-mode wp

    Toggle Word Perfect mode on/off from the Terminal Emulation session with

    Ctrl-Alt-Shift-w

    Jeffrey Altman
    Volunteer Kermit Developer

  4. Re: Keyboard Emulation for WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:09:44 GMT, "Jeffrey Altman [Road Runner NYC]"
    wrote:

    >Frank da Cruz wrote:
    >> In article <6ujifv8fqje07hjlmml1p8vv8epcq98kq2@4ax.com>,
    >> Gee nobody has asked us that question in years and years... Try this:
    >>
    >> set terminal keyboard-mode wp

    >Toggle Word Perfect mode on/off from the Terminal Emulation session with
    >
    > Ctrl-Alt-Shift-w
    >
    >Jeffrey Altman
    >Volunteer Kermit Developer

    Thanks for the help. The user was out of town I didn't know her
    passwords etc. and didn't try the set commands. She is back now and I
    hope this solves her problems!

    Bill
    Atlanta

  5. Re: Keyboard Emulation for WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:11:36 -0400, Bill wrote:

    >On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:09:44 GMT, "Jeffrey Altman [Road Runner NYC]"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Frank da Cruz wrote:
    >>> In article <6ujifv8fqje07hjlmml1p8vv8epcq98kq2@4ax.com>,
    >>> Gee nobody has asked us that question in years and years... Try this:
    >>>
    >>> set terminal keyboard-mode wp

    >>Toggle Word Perfect mode on/off from the Terminal Emulation session with
    >>
    >> Ctrl-Alt-Shift-w
    >>
    >>Jeffrey Altman
    >>Volunteer Kermit Developer

    >Thanks for the help. The user was out of town I didn't know her
    >passwords etc. and didn't try the set commands. She is back now and I
    >hope this solves her problems!
    >
    >Bill
    >Atlanta

    Help!

    We have used the suggested commands, but still are having trouble -- I
    use "Shift+F10" to call up a file in WP, but characters on the screen
    do not jive. Any suggestions? We see the menu across the top on WP,
    but cannot access the menu. No way to open a file or even exit (F7
    usually) Any differences between Dos and Unix WP commands?

    Bev in Cumming

  6. Re: Keyboard Emulation for WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX

    In article ,
    Bev wrote:
    : On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:11:36 -0400, Bill wrote:
    : We have used the suggested commands, but still are having trouble -- I
    : use "Shift+F10" to call up a file in WP, but characters on the screen
    : do not jive. Any suggestions? We see the menu across the top on WP,
    : but cannot access the menu. No way to open a file or even exit (F7
    : usually)
    :
    Are you sure that Kermit is in WordPerfect keyboard mode?
    If so, the terminal type name at the bottom has "-W" appended to it,
    e.g. "VT320-W".

    When this question was posted originally, I said that the way to get into
    WordPerfect Keyboard Mode was by giving the following command at the K-95>
    prompt:

    set terminal keyboard-mode wp

    Later Jeff said you can also do this with the key combination:

    Ctrl-Alt-Shift-W

    but this might not work for everybody. If you tried this and you didn't
    get the "-W" indication, try giving the command at the prompt.

    : Any differences between Dos and Unix WP commands?
    :
    I don't know. Kermit's WordPerfect keyboard is for host-based (UNIX or
    VMS) versions of WordPerfect.

    In the DOS version of Kermit, this was accomplished by long key-settings
    files, which you can still read to get an idea of which keys were mapped
    to what functions. We have a bunch of these files, submitted by different
    users, some of them by WordPerfect Corporation itself:

    ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/a/msiwp.ini
    ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/a/msiwp3.ini
    ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/a/msiwpu.ini

    Note: these files are not for use with Kermit 95, but if you read them
    (especially the last two), you should get an idea of what the key
    assignments are.

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread