pb with OUTPUT in a script - Protocols

This is a discussion on pb with OUTPUT in a script - Protocols ; Hi, I succeed to use my gsm PC-card using kermit interactively with AT commands, but actually I need to send SMS automatically. Here is the script I have executed : #/usr/bin/kermit set line /dev/ttyS2 set speed 19200 set carrier-watch off ...

  1. pb with OUTPUT in a script

    Hi,
    I succeed to use my gsm PC-card using kermit interactively with AT
    commands,
    but actually I need to send SMS automatically.
    Here is the script I have executed :

    #/usr/bin/kermit
    set line /dev/ttyS2
    set speed 19200
    set carrier-watch off
    OUTPUT AT

    The output is :
    ../premier_k: line 5: OUTPUT : commande introuvable

    "commande introuvable" means unknown command or more precisely
    command that cannot be found .

    Do you have an idea ?
    Thanks a lot,
    Cedric

  2. Re: pb with OUTPUT in a script

    On Jul 18, 1:49*pm, cedric wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I succeed to use my gsm PC-card using kermit interactively with AT
    > commands,
    > but actually I need to send SMS automatically.
    > *Here is the script I have executed :
    >
    > #/usr/bin/kermit
    > set line /dev/ttyS2
    > set speed 19200
    > set carrier-watch off
    > OUTPUT AT
    >
    > The output is :
    > ./premier_k: line 5: OUTPUT : commande introuvable
    >
    > *"commande introuvable" means unknown command or more precisely
    > command that cannot be found .

    You need to refer to the documentation for your GSM PC card to
    determine what commands need to be sent to it to do what you want.
    Then you can script those commands in Kermit. If you need help with
    Kermit scripts, see .

    --
    (for email use this address please - you can figure it out)

    Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro net Any clod can have the facts;
    San Francisco Bay Area, California having opinions is an art. -
    C. McCabe, The Fearless
    Spectator

  3. Re: pb with OUTPUT in a script

    On 2008-07-18, cedric wrote:
    : I succeed to use my gsm PC-card using kermit interactively with AT
    : commands, but actually I need to send SMS automatically.
    : Here is the script I have executed :
    :
    : #/usr/bin/kermit
    : set line /dev/ttyS2
    : set speed 19200
    : set carrier-watch off
    : OUTPUT AT
    :
    : The output is :
    : ./premier_k: line 5: OUTPUT : commande introuvable
    :
    What version of Kermit do you have? The OUTPUT command has been part of
    Kermit for... well, forever. Furthermore "commande introuvable" is not
    a message from Kermit. My guess is that the shell is executing this script,
    not Kermit. You need to put a '!' after the '#' in the first line:

    #!/usr/bin/kermit

    and you need to give the script file execute permission.

    Furthermore, when you send commands to the modem, you have to terminate
    them with a carriage return:

    OUTPUT AT\13

    As mark suggested, see:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckscripts.html

    - Frank

  4. Re: pb with OUTPUT in a script

    I need an example of AJAX that returns the output of a php script and auto refreshes?
    Has anyone got such a script? I just need it to run a php script/file and return the output to the page say every 10 seconds?
    I need help

+ Reply to Thread