kermit transfer "Unexpected packet type" - Protocols

This is a discussion on kermit transfer "Unexpected packet type" - Protocols ; Connecting to a medical BBS, ASAP Host Communication System with automatic transfers set, no automatic transfers occur using z/y/x Attempting to xfer via the kermit protocol results in the "unexpected packet type" error. I can successfully download with all protocols ...

  1. kermit transfer "Unexpected packet type"

    Connecting to a medical BBS, ASAP Host Communication System

    with automatic transfers set, no automatic transfers occur using z/y/x

    Attempting to xfer via the kermit protocol results in the "unexpected packet
    type" error.

    I can successfully download with all protocols using hyperterm, but am at a
    loss as to
    what to try to mess with to get k95 working with this host.

  2. Re: kermit transfer "Unexpected packet type"

    :
    : with automatic transfers set, no automatic transfers occur using z/y/x
    :
    : Attempting to xfer via the kermit protocol results in the "unexpected packet
    : type" error.
    :
    : I can successfully download with all protocols using hyperterm, but am at a
    : loss as to what to try to mess with to get k95 working with this host.
    :
    Kermit protocol is specified in a book. However a lot of software makers
    put Kermit protocol into their products without bothering to look at the
    specification. Sometimes you will find two such products that work with
    each other but not with "real" Kermit, probably because one was reverse-
    engineered from the other. For hints about to cope with such things see:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckermit70.html#x4.22
    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckermit80.html#x15

    Or send email to kermit-support@columbia.edu (or to me, same thing).

    - Frank