Procomm Plus_memory Locations _Serial ports - Protocols

This is a discussion on Procomm Plus_memory Locations _Serial ports - Protocols ; I have an RS-232 serial on my computer I connect with a null modem cable Procomm plus tells me "I am connected" , but _no data is present on my Procomm screen _The SD and RD lights flicker with every ...

  1. Procomm Plus_memory Locations _Serial ports

    I have an RS-232 serial on my computer I connect with a null modem
    cable
    Procomm plus tells me "I am connected"

    , but

    _no data is present on my Procomm screen
    _The SD and RD lights flicker with every keystroke

    I have the same _problem with HyperTerminal

    I tried different ports and different resources with the ports No
    luck

    Question:

    Where does Procomm look for data being sent and received?

    Can I change that Location

    Thank you

  2. Re: Procomm Plus_memory Locations _Serial ports

    On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 05:59:54 -0800, cleancondenser wrote:

    > Where does Procomm look for data being sent and received?

    This world-wide USENET newsgroup is for discussion of the Kermit software
    from Columbia University . They do not
    create nor support the commercial communications program called Procomm
    Plus.

    That said, from what I recall from using Procomm Plus a *long* time ago
    it uses the port you assign when you setup a connection. Since your
    Procomm Plus is a DOS or Microsoft Windows application that would be COM1
    or COM2 on a standard PC with 2 serial ports installed. If you are using
    this under Microsoft Windows then it has to be the Windows version of
    Procomm Plus from what I recall. The DOS version of Procomm Plus never
    worked correctly under Microsoft Windows for me (that was when I found
    and switched to Kermit from Columbia University).

    > Can I change that Location

    Wrong question. I think you want to know *how* this is done which I don't
    recall the answer for at this point. It has been well over 10 years since
    I had anything to do with Procomm. Read your manual that you purchased
    with the software.

    HTH,
    Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

  3. Re: Procomm Plus_memory Locations _Serial ports

    On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 23:23:39 +0000 (UTC), ERACC wrote:

    -That said, from what I recall from using Procomm Plus a *long* time ago
    -it uses the port you assign when you setup a connection. Since your

    Blimey..Procomm Plus... Bulletin boards.....all trees round here when I was
    young......

    -Rob
    robatwork at mail dot com

+ Reply to Thread