how to print strings from editboxes wherever you want on A4 paper - Programmer

This is a discussion on how to print strings from editboxes wherever you want on A4 paper - Programmer ; Hi I'm newly registered and I have a big problem. My application has some editboxes, i like to print text that i input in theese editboxes on various places in a A4 paper. but i don't have much success for ...

  1. how to print strings from editboxes wherever you want on A4 paper

    Hi I'm newly registered and I have a big problem. My application has
    some editboxes, i like to print text that i input in theese editboxes
    on various places in a A4 paper. but i don't have much success for now,
    please if someone can point me to some tutorials, or explain it a bit
    for me. thanks! cheers

  2. Re: how to print strings from editboxes wherever you want on A4 paper

    The simplest way is via WYSIWYG (for which MFC is already set up).

    Assuming your edit boxes are in a dialog which is then dismissed:

    1. Change your view to be CScrollView-derived instead of
    CView-derived.(see the Scribble tutorial if you're not sure how)
    2. Change your mapping mode to MM_LOMETRIC by putting the following in
    your OnInitialUpdate:
    SetScrollSizes(MM_LOMETRIC, CSize(2000,2700)); // A4
    3. Put your drawing code in OnDraw(), using TextOut() (remembering that
    y is now negative down the page instead of positive).

    Run the program, check the text is where you want it to be, click
    "Print".

    HTH

    Paul.

+ Reply to Thread