hello

I have created a statically-linked MFC-based DLL. This DLL is used by
my MFC-based (statically linked) control panel applet.

The strange thing is that this applet loads ok when using the Microsoft

recommended debugging parameters:
rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL c:\temp\cplapplet.cpl

Just to be sure, all functions in the DLL call
AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState())

if this DLL is excluded when building the applet, then the applet loads

ok in the Control Panel. (so all registry settings must 100%)

Also made sure that none of my MFC-dependent global objects are be
instantiated at startup in the DLL

when the applet fails to load it doesn't report any assertions, and the

CPlApplet() exported function isn't called

Do you have any ideas?
thanks for any help
Cheers