DoModel error - Programmer

This is a discussion on DoModel error - Programmer ; Hi , the problem is i have new button in Update dialog window when i click on new button i have to open create dialog window .. so for that i declared CCreateDlg *m_dCreateDlg; member can u plz help me ...

  1. DoModel error

    Hi ,

    the problem is i have new button in Update dialog window when i click
    on new button i have to open create dialog window ..

    so for that i declared CCreateDlg *m_dCreateDlg; member

    can u plz help me solve this error
    -----------
    UpdateDlg.h

    #include "StatusDlg.h" // Added by ClassView
    #include "CreateDlg.h" // Added by ClassView

    private:
    CStatusDlg m_dStatusDlg;

    class CCreateDlg;
    //Then declare a pointer:
    CCreateDlg *m_dCreateDlg;
    ---------------------------------------

    // UpdateDlg.cpp : implementation file
    //

    #include "stdafx.h"
    #include "DesktopSearch.h"
    #include "StatusDlg.h"
    #include "CreateDlg.h"
    #include "UpdateDlg.h"
    #include "FoldersDialog.h"

    void CUpdateDlg::OnNew()
    {
    // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here

    m_dCreateDlg->DoModal();
    }

    --------------------Configuration: DesktopSearch - Win32
    Debug--------------------
    Compiling...
    UpdateDlg.cpp
    D:\Parichay\DesktopSearch\UpdateDlg.cpp(184) : error C2027: use of
    undefined type 'CCreateDlg'
    d:\parichay\desktopsearch\updatedlg.h(58) : see declaration of
    'CCreateDlg'
    D:\Parichay\DesktopSearch\UpdateDlg.cpp(184) : error C2227: left of
    '->DoModal' must point to class/struct/union
    Error executing cl.exe.

    DesktopSearch.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

  2. Re: DoModel error

    Your -pointer- "m_dCreateDlg" is pointing to empty space. You actually have
    to create the object (a CDialog) that it points to -- using "new", or else
    using an assignment such as dCreateDlg = &m_dStatusDlg; to an already
    created object.

    DataGet® & PocketLog® www.dataget.com
    Data Collectors www.baxcode.com

    "Pari" wrote in message
    news:1144741817.759511.261090@t31g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi ,
    >
    > the problem is i have new button in Update dialog window when i click
    > on new button i have to open create dialog window ..
    >
    > so for that i declared CCreateDlg *m_dCreateDlg; member
    >
    > can u plz help me solve this error
    > -----------
    > UpdateDlg.h
    >
    > #include "StatusDlg.h" // Added by ClassView
    > #include "CreateDlg.h" // Added by ClassView
    >
    > private:
    > CStatusDlg m_dStatusDlg;
    >
    > class CCreateDlg;
    > //Then declare a pointer:
    > CCreateDlg *m_dCreateDlg;
    > ---------------------------------------
    >
    > // UpdateDlg.cpp : implementation file
    > //
    >
    > #include "stdafx.h"
    > #include "DesktopSearch.h"
    > #include "StatusDlg.h"
    > #include "CreateDlg.h"
    > #include "UpdateDlg.h"
    > #include "FoldersDialog.h"
    >

    > void CUpdateDlg::OnNew()
    > {
    > // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here
    >
    > m_dCreateDlg->DoModal();
    > }

    > --------------------Configuration: DesktopSearch - Win32
    > Debug--------------------
    > Compiling...
    > UpdateDlg.cpp
    > D:\Parichay\DesktopSearch\UpdateDlg.cpp(184) : error C2027: use of
    > undefined type 'CCreateDlg'
    > d:\parichay\desktopsearch\updatedlg.h(58) : see declaration of
    > 'CCreateDlg'
    > D:\Parichay\DesktopSearch\UpdateDlg.cpp(184) : error C2227: left of
    > '->DoModal' must point to class/struct/union
    > Error executing cl.exe.
    >
    > DesktopSearch.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

+ Reply to Thread