Help required in VC++ please - Programmer

This is a discussion on Help required in VC++ please - Programmer ; Hi all, I am new to vc+ programmming. So now that i am assined a job to do an application in vc++ 6 i need to perform it. The job i need to perform is: 1. I need to create ...

  1. Help required in VC++ please

    Hi all,

    I am new to vc+ programmming. So now that i am assined a job
    to do an application in vc++ 6 i need to perform it.

    The job i need to perform is:

    1. I need to create an application which watches the number of ports in
    my computer.
    By watching i mean i need not write on that port.

    2. My exe can be an MFC or win32 application.

    3. I need to give user the choice of selecting the port.

    4. If the port is not connected i need to display a msg saying port not
    connected.

    5. If there is a port i need to watch it.

    Now the help i require is is there a utility in VC++ that enables me to
    read ports or write into a port.

    I am totally new to this environment i don't even know windows
    programming

    What should i do

  2. Re: Help required in VC++ please

    Hi Buddy,
    Use CreateFile(), ReadFile() and WriteFile() API's to achieve
    this. Refer MSDN for each API and do it. It's simple.

    regards,
    Rajan M

+ Reply to Thread