preprocessor definition - Programmer

This is a discussion on preprocessor definition - Programmer ; Hi, In VC 6.0 , under project setting, C++, preprocessor, default preprocessor definitions show up like WIN32,_DEBUG,_WINDOWS,_MBCS,_USRDLL are these defined somewhere in the microsoft header files or they are defined on the spot there in the VS at the compliling ...

  1. preprocessor definition

    Hi,
    In VC 6.0 , under project setting, C++, preprocessor, default
    preprocessor definitions show up like
    WIN32,_DEBUG,_WINDOWS,_MBCS,_USRDLL

    are these defined somewhere in the microsoft header files or they are
    defined on the spot there in the VS at the compliling time taking some
    constant value. Where can I see their actual definition.

    Also If I want to put my definition _MYDLL=10
    can I put it there.

    thanks
    Cric

  2. Re: preprocessor definition

    "cric" wrote in message
    news:1142050781.697613.33340@p10g2000cwp.googlegro ups.com...
    | Hi,
    | In VC 6.0 , under project setting, C++, preprocessor, default
    | preprocessor definitions show up like
    | WIN32,_DEBUG,_WINDOWS,_MBCS,_USRDLL
    |
    | are these defined somewhere in the microsoft header files or they are
    | defined on the spot there in the VS at the compliling time taking some
    | constant value. Where can I see their actual definition.
    |

    | Also If I want to put my definition _MYDLL=10
    | can I put it there.
    |

    | thanks
    | Cric

    Well, it's _WIN32, not WIN32 (it needs the leading underscore) and if you go
    to the built-in help index and look up "Preprocessor" and select "Macros
    (table)" you'll see all of the pre-defined preprocessor macros in the
    compiler. This help screen tells you that most of these symbols can not be
    redefined!

    Also, based on some experiments I've done, they may not be defined in a
    header file at all but within the (pre)compiler code.

    Norm

+ Reply to Thread