mfc puzzle game - Programmer

This is a discussion on mfc puzzle game - Programmer ; Hi! I want to make a puzzle game. I want to use bitmaps and want to show user an nterface where user clicks on pic boxes and tries to find two matching pictures, if user finds two matching pics he/she ...

  1. mfc puzzle game

    Hi!
    I want to make a puzzle game. I want to use bitmaps and want to show
    user an nterface where user clicks on pic boxes and tries to find two
    matching pictures, if user finds two matching pics he/she then tries to
    find next two matching pics.
    Whats the best way to do this using mfc. I am using vc++.net
    thnx

  2. Re: mfc puzzle game

    In article ,
    zaheerkaka@hotmail.com says...
    > Hi!
    > I want to make a puzzle game. I want to use bitmaps and want to show
    > user an nterface where user clicks on pic boxes and tries to find two
    > matching pictures, if user finds two matching pics he/she then tries to
    > find next two matching pics.
    > Whats the best way to do this using mfc. I am using vc++.net

    Make a CWnd-derived GameWnd class, and create it as a child window in
    your applications main dialog or frame window. All the game interface
    passes through this window, so have it respond to mouse clicks etc.
    You may want to make a 'generic' Game class that handles all the
    gameplay stuff not specific to Windows.

    The easiest - or at least most general - way to store pictures is to
    make an array of compatible memory DCs, each holding a bitmap
    containing one of the pictures (loaded from resources or disk). The
    pictures can be blitted to the GameWnd DC as appropriate during
    GameWnd::OnPaint(), possibly via a buffer DC in memory to avoid any
    flickering.

    But if you have difficulties messing with DCs, bitmaps etc., consider
    getting started by using big letters from the WingDings font in GameWnd
    instead of proper pictures. You can worry about proper graphics later,
    but the WingDings will actually work very well for this game.

    - Gerry Quinn

+ Reply to Thread