Access an excel file in a MFC application - Programmer

This is a discussion on Access an excel file in a MFC application - Programmer ; Dear folks, I am fairly new to MFC programming and have a little problem. I asked google a lot but it wasnt able to supply me with a good hint. I wish to write an SDI MFC application that loads ...

  1. Access an excel file in a MFC application

    Dear folks,

    I am fairly new to MFC programming and have a little problem. I asked
    google a lot but it wasnt able to supply me with a good hint. I wish to

    write an SDI MFC application that loads and excel xls-file and I wish
    to access values and strings in the rows and columns of that file. I do

    not need and I do not wish to start an excel instance in my application

    like it is described often in the net. I simply wish to load my file
    and access the rows and columns.

    My question is now if somebody has a good hint where I can find some
    sample code or can tell me what classes I could probably use.

    Many thanks
    RIchard

  2. Re: Access an excel file in a MFC application

    1 - AFAIK, MS has not released the file format for Excel.
    2 - even if they have released it, it changes too often for a quick answer

    If you're determined for your MFC app to handle the values, us the Excel
    ODBC driver. Information on that is in MSDN.

    DataGet® & PocketLog® www.dataget.com
    Data Collectors www.baxcode.com

    wrote in message
    news:1140637198.865526.85100@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
    > Dear folks,
    >
    > I am fairly new to MFC programming and have a little problem. I asked
    > google a lot but it wasnt able to supply me with a good hint. I wish to
    >
    > write an SDI MFC application that loads and excel xls-file and I wish
    > to access values and strings in the rows and columns of that file. I do
    >
    > not need and I do not wish to start an excel instance in my application
    >
    > like it is described often in the net. I simply wish to load my file
    > and access the rows and columns.
    >

    > My question is now if somebody has a good hint where I can find some
    > sample code or can tell me what classes I could probably use.

+ Reply to Thread