Accessing and Configuring Local Network Card - Programmer

This is a discussion on Accessing and Configuring Local Network Card - Programmer ; Hi All, I am trying to write an MFC app which will read the current network settings such as IP Address, Subnet Mask etc and if necessary make changes to the IP Address etc. Can anyone offer any advise as ...

  1. Accessing and Configuring Local Network Card

    Hi All,

    I am trying to write an MFC app which will read the current network
    settings such as IP Address, Subnet Mask etc and if necessary make
    changes to the IP Address etc.

    Can anyone offer any advise as to the best method to access this
    information and if possible a method to amend it?

    Thanks for the help.

    Kind regards

    Martin

  2. Re: Accessing and Configuring Local Network Card

    In article <1140622579.375445.124390
    @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, royds.martin@gmail.com
    says...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am trying to write an MFC app which will read the current network
    > settings such as IP Address, Subnet Mask etc and if necessary make
    > changes to the IP Address etc.
    >
    > Can anyone offer any advise as to the best method to access this
    > information and if possible a method to amend it?

    GetAdaptersInfo should get you started on retrieving
    current parameters. Depending on what you want to modify,
    you might also want to look at Win32_NetworkAdapter and
    Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration.

    --
    Later,
    Jerry.

  3. Re: Accessing and Configuring Local Network Card

    Thanks for your help Jerry,

    that has pointed me in the right direction.

    Kind regards Martin

+ Reply to Thread