Switching to newer Visual C++ - Programmer

This is a discussion on Switching to newer Visual C++ - Programmer ; Hi, we are developing applications using VC 6.0 which are all based on MFC. In this situation is it good (or even necessary) to switch to Visual Stidio 2003 or Visual Studio 2005. Are there any advantages whe using the ...

  1. Switching to newer Visual C++

    Hi,
    we are developing applications using VC 6.0 which are all based on MFC.
    In this situation is it good (or even necessary) to switch to Visual Stidio 2003
    or Visual Studio 2005. Are there any advantages whe using the newer versions.
    Thank you
    Roland

  2. Re: Switching to newer Visual C++

    >we are developing applications using VC 6.0 which are all based on MFC.
    >In this situation is it good (or even necessary) to switch to Visual Stidio 2003
    >or Visual Studio 2005. Are there any advantages whe using the newer versions.

    Primary advantage is a better more standard compliant compiler and
    run-time debugging/diagnostics facilities. The IDE is better in some
    ways, and worse in others! Many people miss Class Wizard, it's
    replacements are very poor substitutes.

    Dave

  3. Re: Switching to newer Visual C++

    "Roland Wunderer" wrote in message
    | Hi,
    | we are developing applications using VC 6.0 which are all based on MFC.
    | In this situation is it good (or even necessary) to switch to Visual
    Stidio 2003
    | or Visual Studio 2005. Are there any advantages whe using the newer
    versions.
    | Thank you
    | Roland

    Stick with VC6, it's not worth the effort to 'upgrade' to VS 200x. That's
    my conclusion after more than 18 months study.

    Cheers

  4. Re: Switching to newer Visual C++

    I am a great fan of VS 6.0. I have also used VS2003 and VS2005 beta. I
    will stick to VS 6.0. Do have any ideea if VS200x are written in .NET
    or vc++? This is the main question!!!

+ Reply to Thread