HELP: CToolBar RESOURCE LEAK!?!? - Programmer

This is a discussion on HELP: CToolBar RESOURCE LEAK!?!? - Programmer ; I noticed that everytime I float/dock a CToolBar (or other CControlBar derived class), it leaks 5 to 6 GDI resources. Stepping through MFC code, it seems like SetWindowPos() calls are leaking 2 GDI objects each. Has anyone seen anything like ...

  1. HELP: CToolBar RESOURCE LEAK!?!?

    I noticed that everytime I float/dock a CToolBar (or other CControlBar
    derived class), it leaks 5 to 6 GDI resources. Stepping through MFC code, it
    seems like SetWindowPos() calls are leaking 2 GDI objects each. Has anyone
    seen anything like this? It doesn't seem specific to my app as both Spy++
    and Wordpad leak when I float / dock the toolbars. Any way to fix this leak?

  2. Re: HELP: CToolBar RESOURCE LEAK!?!?

    Look at Nishant's reply in the your previous post. Its most likely the
    cause.

    ----------
    Ajay Kalra
    ajaykalra@yahoo.com

  3. Re: CToolBar RESOURCE LEAK!?!?

    You already may have got the answer. But from a GDI perspective,get hold of
    Gdiobj.ex from www.fengyuan .com to exactly track which GDI object leak is
    happening.

    --
    Vipin Aravind
    MVP [Windows - Printing/Imaging]

    "Nobody" wrote in message
    newsEr8f.18$5N1.12@dukeread08...
    >I noticed that everytime I float/dock a CToolBar (or other CControlBar
    >derived class), it leaks 5 to 6 GDI resources. Stepping through MFC code,
    >it seems like SetWindowPos() calls are leaking 2 GDI objects each. Has
    >anyone seen anything like this? It doesn't seem specific to my app as both
    >Spy++ and Wordpad leak when I float / dock the toolbars. Any way to fix
    >this leak?

+ Reply to Thread