visual studio keyboard macros for easier editing - Programmer

This is a discussion on visual studio keyboard macros for easier editing - Programmer ; Is there a way to configure keyboard macros with Visual Studio? For example, in the IDE, I'd like to use * control-w to mean "erase the last word" * control-u to mean "erase the entire current line" * control-e to ...

  1. visual studio keyboard macros for easier editing

    Is there a way to configure keyboard macros with Visual Studio? For example,
    in the IDE, I'd like to use

    * control-w to mean "erase the last word"
    * control-u to mean "erase the entire current line"
    * control-e to mean "position the cursor at the end of the current line"
    * control-a to mean "position the cursor at the beginning of the line"

    Is there a way to configure these keyboard macros? I'm using VS 6.0, if that
    makes a difference.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: visual studio keyboard macros for easier editing

    "Tom" wrote in message

    > Is there a way to configure these keyboard macros? I'm using VS 6.0, if
    > that
    > makes a difference.

    Use Tools | Customize, then click on the Keyboard tab.

    -- David

  3. Re: visual studio keyboard macros for easier editing

    I don't suppose there is a 'add { }' feature in that lot is there? I need to
    give my little finger a rest from those shift + { } keys.

    VS7.1

    --
    - Mark Randall
    http://zetech.swehli.com

    "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
    of us who do"
    Isaac Asimov

    "David Ching" wrote in message
    news:2Xz4f.2957$tV6.686@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net ...
    > "Tom" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Is there a way to configure these keyboard macros? I'm using VS 6.0, if
    >> that
    >> makes a difference.
    >>

    > Use Tools | Customize, then click on the Keyboard tab.
    >
    > -- David

  4. Re: visual studio keyboard macros for easier editing

    Mark Randall wrote:
    > I don't suppose there is a 'add { }' feature in that lot is there? I need to
    > give my little finger a rest from those shift + { } keys.
    >
    > VS7.1

    Have a look at Visual Assist from http://www.wholetomato.com/
    A perfect addon to Visual Studio.

    Gert